Race Red Boss Color vs. Red GT

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
If I can't get a black LS Boss this year, I think race red is my second choice. I would go with black stripes as my GT has white stripes. Just wondering if anyone has seen the two in person and how close the reds are to each other. Thanks.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I had the same dilemma. Race red on the Boss has a bit more orange in it than the GT. Since race red was a carry over color I was able to park a 2012 Mustang side by side. Didnt work for me as they contrasted too much. At the suggestion of DBK's dad, I went with school bus yellow. And I am glad that I did! After all it worked for Parnelli.....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good choice on the SBY Boss. Do you have it yet?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I too have another Boss on the way in SBY. Got the VIN last week and build date is 5/28 with delivery mid-June! Can hardly wait. Parts will be waiting when it gets here!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Good choice on the SBY Boss. Do you have it yet?

I have had it a couple of weeks. Great car, really impressive in the chassis and engine department. Build quality is top notch.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Post some photos! You are spot on about the build quality. My son's '13 GT makes my '07 GT500 seem like a Yugo in that regard. The interiors seem to be from different centuries. I have a bad itch for the '13 GT500. Must resist......

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
My local dealer is small but I'll have to check out their inventory this week. Yellow mustangs don't do it for me, unless SBY is just that different then the past colors.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Post some photos! You are spot on about the build quality. My son's '13 GT makes my '07 GT500 seem like a Yugo in that regard. The interiors seem to be from different centuries. I have a bad itch for the '13 GT500. Must resist......

Scratch the itch. :biggrin

I am at Indy for qualifying and the only photo I have is on my cellphone from delivery. Funny, the request for a photo is normally easily satisfied, but this car has been on the move since it came home, so I haven't taken any additional photos of it.

boss 302 delivery.jpg

Originally, I wasn't thinking yellow, but while wondering around at 2012 NAIAS, confused about color choice, DBK's dad suggested that I should order it in the color the car was supposed to be - SBY. Sure glad Ford didn't race 'em in some other 70's color like - avocado green..... :lol

Also need to thank my dealer (Scode), who watched over the process, kept me up to date and made sure my car was delivered without event!

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
For yellow, that is pretty Orange-like.

Looks great! Be cool if they came with a Shaker hood scoop.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Awesome bud! Will we see it in 2 weeks in PA?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Love the color. It seems more of a Grabber Orange, which is fine by me.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Congrats Rex. Very Cool looking.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Awesome bud! Will we see it in 2 weeks in PA?

Will be parked with the Yellow Mustang Club in PA.

SBY is very close to the original Grabber Orange of the '70's.

Having a hard time finding an 8 track player to complete the '70's theme. :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Love the color. It seems more of a Grabber Orange, which is fine by me.

Exactly.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I have one. I will even screw it to the bottom of your dash with drywall screws, just like the good old days.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Congrats Rex. Very Cool looking.

Thanx, Jeff. You would appreciate this car, it's a driver's kind of car.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Sweet!!! Keep the 8 track in your Pinto.....

Will be parked with the Yellow Mustang Club in PA.

SBY is very close to the original Grabber Orange of the '70's.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

You noticed that much difference? I had a 07 GT500, and find myself also fighting the urge for a 2013 GT500. You are not making it easy!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You noticed that much difference? I had a 07 GT500, and find myself also fighting the urge for a 2013 GT500. You are not making it easy!

There really is that much of a difference. The new interiors are far superior in every way. Even the standard cloth interior in my son's 2013 GT is better than the "premium" leather interior in my '08 (not an '07 like I initially posted-brain fart-same interior as the '07 anyway). You really should sit in one to appreciate the difference. Any 2013 GT Premium will tell you all you need to know. If I didn't just get a Kirkham and the 2013 GT, I would be all over the new GT500. I also think the '13 and '14 GT500 will be the last with the 5.8. I seriously doubt that powerplant will make it into the new, smaller "world" platform coming in '15. The '14 is likely to be the last of the beastly Mustangs.

Last edited: