R/C Ford GT at CVS Pharmacy

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
i got one of each one for and wife she thinks im nuts but she went and found them hum

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
What colors do they come in ??
I have seen yellow, red/orange and red.
any others ?
andy (ajb)

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I just bought 4 red ones for xmas gifts!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The stock around St. Louis is orange only. Bloomington, IL and Northwest Chicago suburbs have none. Southwest Indiana has orange and red according to Big Inch. No blue spotted anywhere on the planet.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I final scored 4. 3 red and one orange. Kept checking every CVS I could find. Was told last night that one local store is now supposed to have 21 in stock. Does anyone want me to get one/some for them?
I agree they aren't the best rendition of the car, but they can make good gifts or addition to your memorabilia collection.

Let me know, and Happy Holidays!

Tomcat

GT Owner
They are so inexpensive, I bought an extra one and may try to paint it to match my Tungsten Grey w/stripes.

Tomcat

GT Owner
They are so inexpensive, I bought an extra one and may try to paint it to match my Tungsten Grey w/stripes.

My Christmas diversion...

Attachments

• CVS Ford GT model.jpg
    CVS Ford GT model.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 113

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I gave them out for xmas gifts!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Nice job. What did you use to paint it?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Nice job. What did you use to paint it?

Wow, that does look great. I've got some model cars that I've never put together (a Cobra and a really awesome looking model of a 1957 Chevy) because I wasn't sure how to paint them. I butchered many a model airplane when I was young because all I had was little brushes.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Wow, that does look great. I've got some model cars that I've never put together (a Cobra and a really awesome looking model of a 1957 Chevy) because I wasn't sure how to paint them. I butchered many a model airplane when I was young because all I had was little brushes.

Yes, I too butchered many models as a kid. I used plastic prep (adhesion promoter) then Duplicolor FORD Medium Charcoal Metalic for the base. I painted white vinyl 3/4" tape with Duplicolor FORD Silver Frost and laid the main racing stripes. You only get to lay the stripes once as they pulled up the paint base if you press them into place. I actually used silver pinstriping (wide) for the side stripes. I painted the turn signals, etc...with hobby enamels (donated by my wife). I then cleared the whole thing with Rustoleum crystal clear enamal.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I assume you spray it. I've seen them at hobby stores but what is right for this application?

Also, the stripes are vinyl and not painted?

Tomcat

GT Owner
I used auto spray paint from AutoZone. Hood stripes are silver spray painted white vinyl tape, side stripes are silver pin stripe tape (autozone)

Last edited:

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
http://youtu.be/KgwyKw9qMXI This is a must have!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
very cool...just like Frank's
andy (ajb)