QuickJack 5000-anybody use one?

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
I finally received my 2020 NFGT after a painfully long importing process from Canada. I had posted previously about a side post lift as my insurance company insisted on storing the car on a lift due to my proximity to the gulf coast. They agreed that a 24" lift would be acceptable, so I purchased a QuickJack 5000. Now I need to send the insurance co. a picture of the car on the jack. Has anyone used one on a NFGT? I never got the experience of the concierge, so I didn't get any of the inside info on the cars. Will letting the wheels dangle cause any issues with the hydraulic system? Where would I place the QuickJack under the car with the doors being incorporated into the bottom of the car? Thank you for any advice- I don't want to experiment if someone has already done so.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I think if you were using the QuickJack on an 05/6 you'd put 4 hockey pucks on the QJ placed precisely so they lift at the car's acceptable lift points. Hopefully somebody here can tell you where those are on the NGT.

You have to pretty much put your face on the floor to be able to see the locations on the 05/6 :) ... hopefully with the NGT's lift it's easier (y)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Ken,
Best of luck but I just do not understand why a vehicle needs to be stored on a lift in Florida gulf coast? Due to salt air?
Also I am not sure if having a vehicle hang with the suspension in “full rebound “ is “good “ for the components over time.
Any experts here?
Andy (ajb)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
His insurance co is worried about flooding and decided 2' higher is sufficient.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om-EN-US_12_2017.pdf

Ken, you may find this helpful. Jack points on p.202 ‘Changing a road wheel’

Last edited:

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
https://www.ford.com/performance/gt/eqrg/

And this one, too.

Enjoy you new girl

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Never had mine in the air, so.. Since you have the lift.
You might consider supports under the wheels and lower the lift a few inches to take the load off the suspension(hanging). Even tall jack stands might work. I'd ask Joe at Milliken Ford. On the forum, the go to guy for NFGT. He uses a similar lift( I think ) that goes higher. But he would be the expert on what this might do to the suspension.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
There are 4 lift points under the car that are exactly the same size as hockey pucks. I have a set of Quick jacks, never used them on the NGT (have a 4 post with dual scissors that I find easier for this car). The only question is do the GT's lift points line up with the lift pockets of the Quickjack.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Thank you all for ypur input

Reactions: Specracer

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This can be measured in advance of purchase.

RaceDeck

*Supporting Vendor & GT Owner*
Supporting Vendor
Aug 11, 2005
SLC Utah
I have them in our garage and love'm. Really easy to use and work with the 05 FGT... I will let you know once I find the right Gen 3 FGT :)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I use the QuickJack 5000 all the time. It comes with different height rubber pads to use. It's great!

Ed

Reactions: 2112

Brian GTS

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2020
The quick jack just sounds like a pain to me. Every time you park the car, you’ll have to be sure the jack is in the exact location to lift.

If you have the ceiling height, I’d just go for a four post lift. That way the car is supported by the tires rather than the suspension hanging. Plus you can store another car underneath if desired. Drive it on, hit the button.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Well here we go- hurricane Ian bearing down on central Florida. I have put the NGT on the 4 post lift. I went to use the QJ on the 2005 GT and the lift points are so far apart that there is no way I can utilize them. Jorgen with Racedeck says he uses his QJ easily with his 05 and I have messaged him about placement but haven't heard back. I am running out of time as I have a lot to do with my business and properties to get ready for the storm. Has anyone else successfully used the Quick Jack on their 05/06? They are calling for a 10' storm surge and I am 9' above sea level. My garage is probably 12'. Raising 24" would make me feel a lot better assuming the garage doesn't blow away! Please advise!! before I start lifting somewhere I shouldn't. Thank you!!!

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I swapped out one of my 4 post lifts for a single post to gain more floor space. I use it daily and could not be happier with it. No special floor prep required for installation providing the floor is properly built initially. When I’m not using it raise it all the way up and walk under it like it’s not there. It is certainly a storage lift only though as opposed to a service lift.
Maybe something to consider for the next event.

Attachments

• 30406849-5BB6-4A4D-85A1-66EC016B5FCE.jpeg
    30406849-5BB6-4A4D-85A1-66EC016B5FCE.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 41

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Well here we go- hurricane Ian bearing down on central Florida. I have put the NGT on the 4 post lift. I went to use the QJ on the 2005 GT and the lift points are so far apart that there is no way I can utilize them. Jorgen with Racedeck says he uses his QJ easily with his 05 and I have messaged him about placement but haven't heard back. I am running out of time as I have a lot to do with my business and properties to get ready for the storm. Has anyone else successfully used the Quick Jack on their 05/06? They are calling for a 10' storm surge and I am 9' above sea level. My garage is probably 12'. Raising 24" would make me feel a lot better assuming the garage doesn't blow away! Please advise!! before I start lifting somewhere I shouldn't. Thank you!!!
I am sure you thought of this, but I have been taking my cars to elevated parking garages. I put one on the lift (regular 4 post) in my garage. Ones on the floor I move. The airport lot I think is safest since people need ticket to get in, at least some security, etc. For my relatively normal cars I have taken them to a local parking deck so it is covered and raised but just isn't secure. A friend suggested that.

The first time I went to the local parking garage before a storm, it was like a car show. I went expecting it to be empty and just picking a spot away from the sides on the second or third floor. To my surprise it was packed! All of the local guys took their cars there - bunch of pretty fancy exotics, Porsche's, muscle cars, antique cars, etc. Some even with covers on. I felt at ease since there were so many cars nicer than my old 911 and Ferrari 328. But if I had a NFGT, since I live about 35 min from the Jax airport, I would probably take it there for security or find a friend with a higher garage.

Good luck and stay safe!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Lived in Clearwater FL with the last big storm,
Put 2 cars on lifts and the rest on jackstands.
Worked out fine, but not fun!
Wish you the best,
Mark

DLM

Mar 28, 2019
On the lift topic, a question. Putting in a new garage, want to do a double or single post lift that works for the NFGT, will be a working lift not storage. Looking for your opinion on the best option. I’m thinking about a Rotary SL-210, anyone have feedback on that or better one?
See https://rotarylift.com/product/sl210/
Thanks,
Dave

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I swapped out one of my 4 post lifts for a single post to gain more floor space. I use it daily and could not be happier with it. No special floor prep required for installation providing the floor is properly built initially. When I’m not using it raise it all the way up and walk under it like it’s not there. It is certainly a storage lift only though as opposed to a service lift.
Maybe something to consider for the next event.
Did you have to bolt this against the wall or is it freestanding? I’m considering a single post for my garage for my GT’s. My ceiling is short though (prob 8.5+ But def not 9). Wondering if this would work. Thanks

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Did you have to bolt this against the wall or is it freestanding? I’m considering a single post for my garage for my GT’s. My ceiling is short though (prob 8.5+ But def not 9). Wondering if this would work. Thanks
I initially planned on fabbing an additional vertical mounting point from the lower part of the lift frame to the adjacent short concrete gradebeam in the wall but decided it wasn’t warranted once I had the lift assembled/ positioned and mounted to the floor. So it is indeed freestanding. The mounting “foot” appears robust enough. If you would like some detailed shots of the installed lift I’d be more than happy to supply them.