quality of GTX1

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They could be removed with umbilical cord for all I care. How easy is it to pick the GT ignition lock?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Todd has been blowing lots of stuff up... take a look at the pair on his avatar :)

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
:thumbsup
Todd has been blowing lots of stuff up... take a look at the pair on his avatar :)

:thumbsup good one Bony:thumbsup

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
They could be removed with umbilical cord for all I care. How easy is it to pick the GT ignition lock?

I dont pick car locks but I wouldnt think it would be that hard.:confused
You looking for another car? :lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, white/no stripes with lots of carbon fiber.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
you don't have enough $$ for #1153 :)

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
My good buddy Todd will find me one at a really good price, maybe at a shipping dock. Around here, we have what's called "boxcar pricing."

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
STUNTS, I respect your opinion but IMO your logic is considerably flawed. No car has ever exceeded my expectations as much as the GTX1, and when it's in a crowd, it's an automotive rock star. Although the more heavily optioned X1's have more that could potentially go wrong, the maintenance and repair on a basic X1 conversion is exactly identical to that of a GT. :cheers

Hey, no worries but what was it I said that was flawed? I think the design is outta this world too.... rockstar yes! But not as many people want them vs. the GT... and yes, maintenance is the same but I was referring to all the one off's made for the GTX 1 that might need be considered in regards to FIXING (I suppose) rather than basic maintenance.....yes.... no....

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I generally agree with STUNTS. Since I believe he is talking about a combination of desirability PLUS affordability. There are simply less buyers at the top of any market. It doesn't mean that most of the enthusiasts wouldn't want it, but not everyone can afford it. Plus, some people are simply not aware of the Ford GT. Think about how fewer people are aware of the GTX-1.

If you were to ask Mustang GT coupe owner, would they take a convertible Ford GT500 at the same price, a vast majority would. They would see the additional value and worth. Sure, some would still want a coupe GT, just as some would still want a factory Ford GT, over a GTX-1. Obviously, a GTX-1 is a much greater and complex conversion than a factory Mustang GT vs. GT500, but this is for illustration purposes only. If you want, swap Ford GT for GT500, and know that some people would still want (and be able to afford) the base Mustang GT.

If you consider that in today's market, a GTX-1 likely costs more than a Ford GT, it has a higher entry point price to uphold as well as less people that can afford it now, and in the future. Assuming equality, the same percentage decline, will lead to a greater reduction in dollars.

All speculation of course, I definitely don't know what will happen.

The important thing is to buy the one that you want and admire and enjoy it. If you are buying something to please a future potential buyer, what's the point? Unless, it is your livelihood...

Thank you..... I'm not the writer in the family you know.... I couldn't of explained it better.....

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Thank you Mr. "Let me blow this up today." Your concern for safety is overwhelming. Oh, and don't forget, it's easier for the police to spot you driving with a beer.

:rofl:rofl:rofl :lol:lol:lol :eek

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
I just had an epiphany..... and seeing that this thread is based on opinion.... what would the difference be with KIPS AWESOME design and FOOSE building it??? holy cow boys......

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
White / No Stripes with lots of carbon fiber.

Yes, white/no stripes with lots of carbon fiber.

I second that.
(for obvious selfish reasons on two counts.....)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I second that.
(for obvious selfish reasons on two counts.....)

:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup :cheers

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
Any previously owned FGT or GTX should be carefully PPI'd by a qualified
expert. Contact THE GT GUYS or THE GT TECH... better safe than sorry.

Anyone have contact info for "GT Guys" or "The GT Tech"? It's looking like I will have a need for their inspection services.

Also, if someone could tell me the price of the factory wheel upgrade, I would appreciate it.

I may have some news to post soon!

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
you have a PM.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
doogie send me their contact info also please. thanks!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Alex, the GT Guys. richbrooks@thegtguy.com., I'm not sure of the other. I believe they will be in Florida April 4-6.

Last edited:

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
The website is www.thegtguy.com

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
alex, I see you've got it already. if you have any problems getting in touch with them, pm me!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Rich Roback Mus385@aol.com . I can't speak highly enough of Rich.

Rob