Quad Turbos on a GT

H

HHGT

I was talking to a Lambo guy this weekend and he told me that his car will be going in a for a Quad Turbo treatment this winter. Has anyone explored the potential of Quad Turbos on a GT and what would the outcome be. Is there room?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
A Lambo 12 cylinder would need 4 turbos because of the additional cylinders and air flow requirements.. It would not make sense on a GT. Extra expensive components and piping complexity would not make a simple efficient system.. Now someone may do it just for kicks.. We have a guy here who did Twin Turbos blowing thru the Supercharger just because.. :biggrin

There are guys making near 1500 HP with Twins on a GT.. :thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
There are guys making near 1500 HP with Twins on a GT.. :thumbsup

But they have bottle holders on theirs....

:lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
But they have bottle holders on theirs....

:lol

Not you Too !!!! :ack I use to like to come here...:biggrin BH's coming soon ,,, :wink

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The concept behind 1, 2, or 4 turbos, is not a discussion of peak HP but rather the shape of the power curve. A single turbo can be chosen for a GT that would yield the right boost level to achieve the desired (max) HP objective. The traditional drawback of a large, single turbo is the time that it takes to spool the larger turbo. Utilizing two turbochagers, each one can be smaller with a smaller (mass) impeller and therefore with quicker spool times, i.e. less lag and more boost sooner in the power curve. Well, if two is good, how about 4? The same concept of smaller mass turbos and faster spool times is valid. However, you reach the point of diminishing returns - especially when you starte to consider all of the plumbing additions and the potential failure points that you are adding.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Not you Too !!!! :ack I use to like to come here...:biggrin BH's coming soon ,,, :wink

he might of meant the other type of bottle holders, you know the blue bottle(N2O).