Pulley / Tuner kits in stock $ 999

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Has anyone made estimates as to the engine horsepower of the various tunes? I mean anything more rigorous than the simple addition of 15% to the WHP numbers?
The difference between the tunes is almost entirely timing advance and in our experience the difference between these tunes is about the same as the deviation we might see car to car with the same boost/timing - so it's kind of a moot point to try to be more precise, IMHO. As others have said, a pulley/tune (from Torrie) is about a 100HP adder - and there is NO characteristic change to either torque or HP curves (other than the magnitude) - nor is there ANY adverse effect on any drivability attributes. Same starting, same temps, same idle, same tip-in, etc. In our 16-years of modifying GT's, I'd say that this is singularly the most popular modification made by owners.... and for good reason.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
100%
The difference between the tunes is almost entirely timing advance and in our experience the difference between these tunes is about the same as the deviation we might see car to car with the same boost/timing - so it's kind of a moot point to try to be more precise, IMHO. As others have said, a pulley/tune (from Torrie) is about a 100HP adder - and there is NO characteristic change to either torque or HP curves (other than the magnitude) - nor is there ANY adverse effect on any drivability attributes. Same starting, same temps, same idle, same tip-in, etc. In our 16-years of modifying GT's, I'd say that this is singularly the most popular modification made by owners.... and for good reason.

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
Two questions:
- Looks like pricing is up on the website? Is there a forum code, or is pricing just up?
- Do I need to buy a gasket set or anything for the swap?

Thanks!

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
That is the current price, nothing else is required in most cases. The blower to manifold gasket is reusable unless it gets damaged.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Can that tuner be modded to delete the rear O2's on a cat delete?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Absolutely not and why I list this on every product page of my website.

NOTICE: Unleashed Tuning WILL NOT tune ANY vehicle that has emissions equipment removed. And we DO NOT sell custom tunes that disable emissions control equipment or aid in bypassing any emissions control systems. We also DO NOT sell tuning devices or custom tunes for vehicles located in California. Orders placed that violate this notice will be cancelled and refunded less a cancellation fee.
Can that tuner be modded to delete the rear O2's on a cat delete?

Reactions: Specracer and GT@50

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I just got another round of pulleys in so the packages are ready to ship, https://unleashedtuning.com/ford-gt-sct-x4-2-8-pulley-package/

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Pulleys are back in stock again and ready to ship out https://unleashedtuning.com/ford-gt-sct-x4-2-8-pulley-package/

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
I just joined the GT club and have always modified my cars, i'm trying to decide if I want to go down this road again with my GT. Thinking about the basics, exhaust,pulley & tune, but do any of you guys worry about decreasing the value of your car, with the current prices being so high and in the future probably going higher.Most collectors look for unmodified cars. I know that was the criteria for my search and I always notice modified cars always take a hit

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I just joined the GT club and have always modified my cars, i'm trying to decide if I want to go down this road again with my GT. Thinking about the basics, exhaust,pulley & tune, but do any of you guys worry about decreasing the value of your car, with the current prices being so high and in the future probably going higher.Most collectors look for unmodified cars. I know that was the criteria for my search and I always notice modified cars always take a hit
They are easily reversible...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Having modified these cars a bunch of different ways, this is by far the best way to go and to keep it near stock plus its reversible. Or at the very least you could go tune only. But the pulley combo is just so good together.

programmer alone is here https://unleashedtuning.com/unleashed-ford-gt-custom-tuner/

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Best performance to value ratio of any mod out there.

Really surprising how much the car is opened up. You do have to pay attention to mashing the fun pedal more than stock. Would recommend a suspension upgrade as well at some point (I have Motons).

Reactions: tmcphail

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The pulley and tune won't change the value, unless it's a delivery miles museum car. But then, you wouldn't be asking about modifying it.

Reactions: RPM217 and tmcphail

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
The pulley and tune won't change the value, unless it's a delivery miles museum car. But then, you wouldn't be asking about modifying it.
Fully agree. And remember that when the car was introduced, Ford Racing (now Ford Performance) offered a pulley/tune kit and sold it for several years. Torrie's tune is honestly just a better version of what Ford was offering.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Plus I have the Ford racing Pulley calibration I can include as well if someone wants that as a side option.

Thank you Kendall

Anderson

GT Owner
May 8, 2021
San Diego & FL
I share the same concerns as you when picking my mods. That said, the pulley / tune is very easy to install and uninstall if desired. Pulling the S.C. off to change the pulley was a breeze. The bang for the buck is undeniable. I think swapping the exhaust was a little more involved, and that is easily reversed as well. I chose the Accufab pipe and the extra noise makes my car more visible to drivers who might not otherwise see me since it’s a low car (kind of “the loud pipes save lives” mentality). I’ve ordered a set of Ohlins from Scott and patiently await delivery but I believe that’s not only great for performance and handling, but a value enhancing mod as well. Can’t wait!

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Thanks guys for your input & my mod list is getting longer as i read more on here lol

Reactions: tmcphail

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I got a new batch of pulley's in and have these ready to ship https://unleashedtuning.com/ford-gt-sct-x4-2-8-pulley-package/

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
Torrie, is it possible to book time with you while the car is on a dyno to perfect the tune?

Also, can you tune for E85? It is readily available where I am in CO, and would like the additional safety and performance gains it provides. At my altitude I doubt I would need any additional fueling modifications, but please confirm if you know about needs there too.