Probable pricing

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Agreed. MSRP will be 400K. Book it.

You appear to have been the first to post the correct price for the '16 GT!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

I think many of us have said that already.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...on this thread... :wink

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
at 400k there are so many choices... Gonna be a tricky place for ford. I love the car but if 400k, i'd probably pick a used aventador. Don't have the money for either but would not pay that much for v6. Rather pick up an aventador or carrara gt.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

you are spot on brother this is what im thinking. Or even an sls black

stuntman

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2015
458 Speciales go for ~$400K and don't have a carbon chassis.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Speciale will get drilled by this car.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
^ I believe it.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Speciale will get drilled by this car.

Don't get me wrong I love the new Ford GT but I would be surprised if this was true. Same horsepower (actually less than Speciale) and heavier than a Speciale (who knows - Speciale weighs in around 3000 lbs.) 6 cylinder vs 8 cylinder (torque?). It might beat it around a track but drilled? I'm very dubious.

How about the 488?

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
So have they priced it yet? I haven't heard anything....

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
$375,000usd +/-
So have they priced it yet? I haven't heard anything....

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
Raj Nair..has just said at Geneva, quote..."pricewise, it will be facing off against cars like the Aventador"

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
Most who of us gt owners buy the new gt its for the future investment and not because 100% love like the ones we have ,,,, retro look ,,,, V8 SUPERCHARGED

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Raj Nair..has just said at Geneva, quote..."pricewise, it will be facing off against cars like the Aventador"

Damn I must be psychotic,,,er, psychic!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Don't get me wrong I love the new Ford GT but I would be surprised if this was true. Same horsepower (actually less than Speciale)

Actually, it will have over 600 HP, which is more than the Speciale.

and heavier than a Speciale (who knows - Speciale weighs in around 3000 lbs.)

Don't believe Ferrari's weight numbers. That's DRY weight. The GT should be significantly lighter than the Speciale.

6 cylinder vs 8 cylinder (torque?).

The 458 V8 is long on RPM, but very low on torque. The V6 is force fed by turbos, which will give it a massive torque advantage over the Speciale.

It might beat it around a track but drilled? I'm very dubious

Your doubt will fade into the distance, much as the Ferrari will in the GT's wake. We haven't even talked about its downforce advantage yet.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Actually, it will have over 600 HP, which is more than the Speciale.

Don't believe Ferrari's weight numbers. That's DRY weight. The GT should be significantly lighter than the Speciale.

The 458 V8 is long on RPM, but very low on torque. The V6 is force fed by turbos, which will give it a massive torque advantage over the Speciale.

Your doubt will fade into the distance, much as the Ferrari will in the GT's wake. We haven't even talked about its downforce advantage yet.

Like I said, I couldn't care less. I think "leaving the Speciale in the dust" will be more difficult than you think though. I have driven the Speciale and its a BEAST.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Like I said, I couldn't care less. I think "leaving the Speciale in the dust" will be more difficult than you think though. I have driven the Speciale and its a BEAST.

So have I, and I was slicing and dicing with one at COTA last weekend. I was in my standard 458 Italia with R compound tires. It couldn't pull away from me at all. It's a fantastic car, but the difference between a Speciale and a regular Italia on comparable tires is subtle. We were the 2 fastest cars on track.

The GT will be faster, but we are talking about degrees of awesomeness here. No one can argue the 458 is awesome. It's just gonna be slower than a well driven new GT.

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I want one, but above 500k after dealer markup will kill off many of those interested. It also becomes an investment that will likely sit inside climate controlled private collections. I didn't think this was the market Ford intended for this car.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
"the last Ford GT, long a Clarkson favourite."

Except when it........wasn't :rolleyes

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
"the last Ford GT, long a Clarkson favourite."