Prepare for Blast Off, Heffner Style

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Just got a few photos from Jason Heffner on our awesome TT project.

IMG_4282_zpszzrdiuau.jpg

IMG_4275_zpskndj3wew.jpg

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, would you look at those honkin' turbos...

During all the years that I owned my previous GTs, I always lusted after the twin turbo set up, especially after I watched Apollo and Skyrex go ballistic at the Mojave Mile. When I found a perfectly unmolested, still-in-the-wrapper car at Shelby's store, the next obvious step was to mod the cuss out of it and fulfill a long held desire to build a fire breathing monster, just the way I wanted it, and to heck with everything else.

So, the car went straight into a transporter from Shelby in Jonesboro to Heffner in Sarasota. Here are a few progress pictures, and you can see the immense care that Jason takes during the install. We are doing something really special on this version by using intricately fabricated titanium for certain sections of both the intake and exhaust components. Those components are not pictured here; I'll save that for later, but suffice it to say that the system is super light, super cool, and totally one-off. Once it's done at Jason's house of miracles, it will go back to Shelby for a few days to get the final touches, including short shift, lowering, double DIN, and some carbon goodies. A set of 20"/21" HRE P101 light weights (another one-off operation that HRE had to engineer just for this project ) will finish it all off.

Looks like I'll get to put my greedy phalanges all over it this weekend in sunny Florida and I can't wait. I'll keep you posted...

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
That is going to be superb, WM. Great photos!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks great, can't wait to see the final product and the subsequent write up.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I love seeing excellent craftsmanship. Like the others, cant wait for the review!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
My Heffner car makes me smile daily!
You are going to love it.
Congrats,
Mark

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
You are really going to LOVE the Heffner TT. Jason also has a little bit of experience with installs!

Junkie

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2017
I love that everything is taped off, goes to show that they actually care about the end product delivered. Looking forward to seeing this build progress.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Can't wait for your review!! Be good to get you away from flappy paddle supercars!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Spent last weekend in Sarasota, hanging out with Jason and the crew and drinking in the smell of race gas. The car was stupendous and it just made me all warm and tingly to look at the titanium fabrication and Tial turbo system. Truly cool. We decided to leave the titanium work unpainted and in its natural state, which would have been impossible without the impeccable welding work that Heffer's shop performed. Astounding the amount of time and care it took to make that all come together.

The dyno numbers were, as you would expect, impressive. Should easily allow me to accomplish my new quest to hit 220 mph (which seems positively tame given recent GT achievements).

The car is now on its way back home to me via Shelby, who is going to put a little more loving' on it as only he can do...

I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

• IMG_4329.jpg
    IMG_4329.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 255

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Awaiting your full review!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Mr. Mitty,
Could you please share some pictures before and after lowering the car with the new wheels ?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Looks great.
Congrats!
Best,
Mark