Pre-purchase inspection help

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Has anyone had a pre-purchase inspection done on a used GT that included a data download from the on-board computer with details on max RPM, speed, etc. It would be nice to know how the car has been treated by the previous owner. Will a Ford dealer offer up this info if requested?

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
RSR

Tell us about the '75 RSR...

G.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
RSR1975 said:
Has anyone had a pre-purchase inspection done on a used GT that included a data download from the on-board computer with details on max RPM, speed, etc. It would be nice to know how the car has been treated by the previous owner. Will a Ford dealer offer up this info if requested?

Don't know, but a Ford dealer should be able to pull up on their system any warranty work.

If the car has been registered a CarFax might be worthwhile.
There have been lots of GT wrecks, not a bad idea to be prudent.

Post the vin number and ask if anyone here knows the car or can find out anything on it.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
JUST MAKE SURE THE BATTERY IS FULLY, FULLY CHARGED BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE WONDERFUL JOURNEY CALLED FORD GT OWNERSHIP.......... :thumbsup ENJOY IT , YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT. GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
FB GT40 re: '75 RSR

The '75 RSR came from a vintage Porsche that I owned and raced a few years ago. It was one of the last few built. Originally built for Peter Gregg and Brumos sponsored as # 61. Jim Busby drove it very successfully in '76 and it won the IMSA GTO Championship in '80 with Dave Cowart driving it. The car was a blast to drive and restore. I've attached a picture but I'm not sure how these post comethrough since I'm new to this forum. It now live with its new owner in CA.

Althought I been pretty active in the Porsche vintage world for the past 10 years, GT40s have always been my favorite ever since I saw a gold street version for the first time in '66 or '67 when I was a youngster.

Attachments

• Road_Atlanta_2001.JPG
    Road_Atlanta_2001.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 153

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Lovely car - and congratulations on the GT....

Thought you might be interested in this one around Goodwood in the UK.

Attachments

• 911a.jpg
    911a.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 139

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neil,
I presume you will be at Goodwood for the bash of bashes next week? Best Vintage event on the planet! Next year for sure mate! :wink

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Do you mean the sheepdog trials next week at Goodwood? :wink

The Revival was on the 1st (2nd and 3rd) and yes, I was there - took the DBR2....

Attachments

• display copy.jpg
    display copy.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 129

RSR1975

GT Owner
Sep 11, 2006
Yardley, PA
Neilda - Didn't mean to turn this into a P-Car thread but...

The RS looks realy nice loaded up and under a bit of stress in the turn at Goodwood. That is one event I always wanted to attend and I probably should have when I had the RSR. It would have been a great car to bring over. What are the details on your RS? I'm in the final stages of a full 2-year bare metal restoration on chassis # 9113601018 (Signal Yellow touring). Maybe I can bring over my 2.0L '68 911L (photo below) that was a factory group 2 rallye car through '72. I currently vintage road race it hear in the US. There is another forum you may have an interest in for early Porsches - http://www.early911sregistry.org/, I gererally follow that discussion fairly closely. Always great info available for my RS resto project.

BTW - I haven't purchased a GT yet. I'm trying to work through the due dilegence on a Tungsten/Silver pre-owned, which was the purpose of my original inquiry. I'm going to try to get this back on track to find out if I can use the collective wisdom of this forum to gather up some background on 1FAFP90S46Y400557 that was offered for sale on e-Bay. It is in Corona, CA and has 4,800+ miles on it. I would imaging that in the right hands you could put a lot of wear and tear on a GT in 4800 miles. If that one doesn't work out I'll continue to work on other Tungsten/Silver ones out there (I just like the color combo).

Attachments

• 2 Liter @ Mid-Ohio - 3.jpg
    2 Liter @ Mid-Ohio - 3.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Neilda said:
Do you mean the sheepdog trials next week at Goodwood? :wink

The Revival was on the 1st (2nd and 3rd) and yes, I was there - took the DBR2....

Opps, I always associate the Revival with 9/11 as five years ago it started the following weekend. See you next year at Lord March's :cheers