ppf

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nice work soroush!
Have you tried helicopter tape for those hard to wrap areas. We used to use it for the mile events and I still use it for special areas. I put it on the passenger foot rest and it is easy to replace if it gets worn. Used to be really expensive but it is really come down.

no I have never heard of this before we generally used blue painters tape to cover areas for track days, Ill have to check this product out. thanks

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nice job Soroush! The film gives it a nice gloss to ,don't ya think?
Ron you know it does.. btw you car has the gloss surrounds correct?

Reactions: roketman

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Nice work!

Is the large center CF panel really more of a beauty panel to cover the underside of the CF tub? I haven’t removed mine yet, but it feels pretty thin and when I push against it, it’s touching something solid.
Yes Paul that is exactly what it covers, once you remove it you will expose the underside of the carbon tub if you plan on removing the big center piece you have to pay close attention to the front edges of the panel on each side. they flip up at each side so to tie into the panels further forward on the car. pay close attention to that area. three panels overlap and use one screw to hold them all together

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yes Paul that is exactly what it covers, once you remove it you will expose the underside of the carbon tub if you plan on removing the big center piece you have to pay close attention to the front edges of the panel on each side. they flip up at each side so to tie into the panels further forward on the car. pay close attention to that area. three panels overlap and use one screw to hold them all together
Thank you!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ron you know it does.. btw you car has the gloss surrounds correct?
YEs correct!

D06GT19GT

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2018
Nice! I will have mine covered before I drive it.

Reactions: soroush

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
On the CF series, can the polycarbonate window be wrapped with the heat from the engine?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
On the CF series, can the polycarbonate window be wrapped with the heat from the engine?
good question, oddly enough that is the only place we have not covered the car, the rear glass. As for your question, I really dont know....

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My wrapper said not to do it. He said that you’d guarantee breaking the plexiglass if you ever tried to peel off the wrap because the adhesion is so good.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks, I have had good luck with with plexus spray cleaner on my helmet visors, motorcycle fairing for cleaning . Will need to be careful, these polycarbonate windows are soft!! May buy extra now to have on hand while they are readily available!!
Not sure if light scratches etc can be polished out.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Yes to all of the above:
1. You can't wrap the rear "glass" (polycarbonate) unless you never want to unwrap it (my detailer said the same thing about adhesion)
2. Yes, the polycarbonate is soft and can be fairly easily scratched (ask me how I know...)
3. Yes, buying an extra one now is a good idea (again, ask me how I know...). ;)

Thanks, I have had good luck with with plexus spray cleaner on my helmet visors, motorcycle fairing for cleaning . Will need to be careful, these polycarbonate windows are soft!! May buy extra now to have on hand while they are readily available!!
Not sure if light scratches etc can be polished out.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Can the polycarbonate window be replaced by the stock glass window ?