PPF Lumar Film and Ceramic Pro on

samson

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2014
Harrogate TN
Just had my GT protected by Glasslife Atlanta, a Ceramic Pro installer. I had the entire car covered in the PPF Lumar self healing film and then Ceramic Pro on top of that. Now the hard part is waiting to go pick up the car!

Attachments

• Overhead GT.jpg
    Overhead GT.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 288
  • Rear GT.jpg
    Rear GT.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 291
  • front view GT.jpg
    front view GT.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Looks downright incredible!! Nice job!!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
is that different than Xpel? if so, what is the difference?

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Just had my GT protected by Glasslife Atlanta, a Ceramic Pro installer. I had the entire car covered in the PPF Lumar self healing film and then Ceramic Pro on top of that. Now the hard part is waiting to go pick up the car!

Lotsa Pop! -looks killer!

is that different than Xpel? if so, what is the difference?

very similar, Lumar and Xpel are competitors. Fair bit of discussion on the topic in this thread:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/33407-To-Film-40-or-maybe-100/page3?highlight=film

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Looks like a twin of mine. Car looks great Samson. I may have to do the ceramic pro too.

samson

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2014
Harrogate TN
I don't know which is better, the main thing for me is the guys doing all the buffing and paint correction. If thats not done your stuck with a bad job no matter the film quality.
I have a 4 yr and 1 yr old boys and I know its a matter of time until its gets a bad scratch. Hopefully now I can rest easy, as the Lumar is supposed to be self healing in most situations

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
What's the cost??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
looks gorgeous!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Devil is in the details, prepping the paint is where most of the work is. I prepped the paint on my M2 yesterday, she's keeping the GT company with the security detail engaged :biggrin

Attachments

• M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
he's guarding the wrong car !!! lol beautiful dog. got to be a male shepherd looking at it's size. nice!
PS the GT is beautiful. so the ceramic pro was installed over the film? I didn't think you could do that.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
What's the cost??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure the cost is up there but still can't be as high as having your NGT completely film/wrapped and then doing the floor pans as well. can't even begin to put a pencil to the cost of that.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Looks awesome

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
he's guarding the wrong car !!! lol beautiful dog. got to be a male shepherd looking at it's size. nice!
PS the GT is beautiful. so the ceramic pro was installed over the film? I didn't think you could do that.

Not to hijack the thread but thanks for the kind words, just a pup at 14 months now. Once the film is on the paint (any brand of film), the ceramic coating is not necessary IMO, it doesn't bond to the film as good as it does to the "naked" paint. I had SunTek film put on the M2 and followed it with a coat of high quality sealant/protectant (I used Menzerna products), the results are amazing. I'm no expert when it comes to film, but I had Xpel Ultimate film installed on some part of the GT and by comparison to my un-trained eyes :biggrin, I've noticed a slightly better quality/clarity of the SunTek film.

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal

Not to hijack the thread but thanks for the kind words, just a pup at 14 months now. Once the film is on the paint (any brand of film), the ceramic coating is not necessary IMO, it doesn't bond to the film as good as it does to the "naked" paint. I had SunTek film put on the M2 and followed it with a coat of high quality sealant/protectant (I used Menzerna products), the results are amazing. I'm no expert when it comes to film, but I had Xpel Ultimate film installed on some part of the GT and by comparison to my un-trained eyes :biggrin, I've noticed a slightly better quality/clarity of the SunTek film.

Exactly my thoughts. I wouldn't think it would be that beneficial and would impair the performance of the film.