polishing or chroming the supercharger?????

jmorken522

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2009
Winona Minnesota
Hello everyone, I am really enjoying this forum as a whole. My car is currently in a working storage garage just a few blocks from where I live. Yesturday I put a new set of Bridgestone Poteza scuderias on Mcqueen (nickname my girlfreind gave the car), and Saturday I will be removing the supercharger to have a smaller 2.80 pulley installed. While the pulley is being removed professionally I would like to have the supercharger chromed or polished if Its possible. I do not know if it is possible to chrome or polish but I am sure not the first to think it would look great under that glass. If any one has done this and has pictures I would really appreciate seeing them. Thanks in adance for your information and time. Josh Morken:thumbsup

Attachments

• 5098sport%20029.jpg
    5098sport%20029.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 1652sport%20028.jpg
    1652sport%20028.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 330
  • 7654sport%20027.jpg
    7654sport%20027.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Welcome Josh! :cheers

The supercharger has been chromed, polished, painted, coated. You name it.
It's also been modded and replaced by other superchargers and TTs -- the changes range from mild to wild.

Scroll around the forum here and check out the many photos. Our members are justly proud of their cars just like you and are VERY creative!

Aug 25, 2006
As just shared; all processes used and in the end it is what makes you smile.

Takes care and enjoy your gal and your time on the Forum

All the best

Shadowman

BTW if the Forum means something to you then I encourage you to consider becoming a contributing member; it takes oil to keep the machine alive.

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Congrats and enjoy her!! You came to the right place for opinions and ideas to "upgrade" your FGT!! :thumbsup

I know I did a lot to mine that I never even thought of when I bought her due to the bad influence of the Forum. :frown.......:wink :cheers

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Hi,
Mine looks good with the factory finish,but the boys that can get the look to pop is the support rails in billet aluminum. Here take a peak.
If you do something I,d go polish, mainly because it doesnt look so gaudy.
IMO....good luck

Attachments

• GT braces.JPG
    GT braces.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 283

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Hi,
Mine looks good with the factory finish,but the boys that can get the look to pop is the support rails in billet aluminum. Here take a peak.
If you do something I,d go polish, mainly because it doesnt look so gaudy.
IMO....good luck

Wow my no stripe delete car was made 5/25/05. Our cars are close. Mine is one of 3 with the options it has. What is yours? Mine didn't come with those support bars though:cheers:wink