Please tell me about vertical doors. I want to buy it!

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan
Hello, everyone!
I'm thinking of a vertical door.
Found at Scissor Doors in Canada and Gerin Design LLC in Florida.
Both prices and images look the same, but if you know if the products are different or the features are different, please let me know.
My model is 2006. Thanks!

Attachments

• スクリーンショット 2021-11-20 102828.jpg
    スクリーンショット 2021-11-20 102828.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 19

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Not sure if either are available any more. I would encourage you to touch/see/operate them in person before making a purchase decision.

Reactions: Nafod and sahlman

sahlman

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 21, 2011
Verona, WI
I agree with Kendall on operating one in person. Of note, their gas struts in the kit go forward to the front shock mount. This works with stock coilovers. It is a difficult process to avoid damage to the car if you have to replace the front dampers after this scissor door actuation is installed.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gerin in Florida invented them. Haven't seen anyone do this modification in years and they may not be available.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
FWIW, it is still listed on their website...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I agree with Kendall on operating one in person. Of note, their gas struts in the kit go forward to the front shock mount. This works with stock coilovers. It is a difficult process to avoid damage to the car if you have to replace the front dampers after this scissor door actuation is installed.

:oops:

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan
Not sure if either are available any more. I would encourage you to touch/see/operate them in person before making a purchase decision.

Thank you your Reply Mr.nota4re
I lived in japan、I want to touch and use and operate it, but I can't touch it because it doesn't exist in Japan.

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan
FWIW, it is still listed on their website...

Thnak you Mr.Shark01
I see. .. .. .. ..

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan
Gerin in Florida invented them. Haven't seen anyone do this modification in years and they may not be available.

Thank you Mr.fjpkul
Oooooooh,noooooooo,The possibility is high.........

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan

Thank you Mr.sahlman
That means. .. .. .. .. Does it mean that repair is difficult once it is attached and breaks down?

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan

Thank you Mr.2112
o_O

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Not too big a dealGT front end.jpgNext episode, how to change dome light.

CC-APD

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2021
Japan
Not too big a dealView attachment 65014Next episode, how to change dome light.

Thanks your comment and picture! Mr.GT@50
Yes,it is!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I think what people are suggesting in the posts above, is they are very expensive ($10k+ if still available), difficult to install (non reversible?), the mechanism blocks access to removing the front shocks, and their operation is very precise (finicky). The action of the door, is that it opens horizontally initially, then things go up, 2 completely different motions to open the door (not a single motion like a NGT Lamborghini etc). My understanding, is you can force and tweak things out of alignment if you do not get the actions correct, or try to swing past the limits, particularly opening too far horizantally, and coming down too hard when closing. I have been in a car or 2 with them, and it was a counterintuitive process to open the door.

Maybe a member that has them and likes them can correct my comments.

Reactions: GSix and sahlman

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Just like learning how NOT to hit your head getting out now, you'll learn how to open and close the door. Passengers will still have problems though. You want to bend the door with your head, or your arm?

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I learned to keep a hand on the door insert as I exited, saving me a head bump.

If caught in a parking lot where you cannot open the door completely, you learn the turn-stoop & crab walk move until you are in the clear.

After you live with the car for a bit, the issue is pretty much forgotten.

Reactions: extrap

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Have'm. Love'm. Totally convenient for parking and egress. My son, since he was 6, opens and closes them without issue.

P5030397.JPG

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Have'm. Love'm. Totally convenient for parking and egress. My son, since he was 6, opens and closes them without issue.

Who did your installation?

Any issues with the shock mounts?

You are going to love the Bridgestones.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Hi 2112,

Who did your installation? Bill at Discovery Automotive

Any issues with the shock mounts? Nope. Or at least none that I'm aware of.

You are going to love the Bridgestones. lol....I've since changed, That's how long ago I did the door conversion.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Bill is a great resource and super meticulous. I will shoot him a text.

Car looks fantastic.