Plant attire

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
I know I saw it here before,but are shorts and/or open toe shoes allowed on the plant tours?Time is getting short,can't wait!
Thanks, Guy

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Shorts are fine as it will 100 plus in the shop, open shoes :skep you can wear just be careful with all the tools ect. DONT HOLD ME TO IT THOUGH, IM WEARING MY HIKING SNEAKERS, JUST INCASE A GT FENDER FALLS ACCIDENTALLY ON MY FOOT, THEN HAS TO BE RUSHED OUT THE BACK DOOR TO MY CAR FOR EMERGENCY DISPOSAL :biggrin I MEAN MY FOOT :biggrin ENJOY , HOPE IS ALL AS YOU EXPECTED. THANKS GTJOEY1314 :thumbsup

guywwagner

GT Owner
Sep 22, 2005
Nazareth,Pa
sneakers

I'm wearing sneakers also,but my wife wanted to know about shoes.I will say that I have toured a lot of manufacturing plants and this is the first time that I have gone to one where shorts are allowed.
Thanks, Guy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I've seen workers in shorts at Wixom :shrug Or maybe that was just my imagination, but certainly wearing open button up shirts and the like.

I would wear pants just to cover the bases anyways, but I will confirm in the AM tomorrow.

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
I'd wear regular shoes or sneakers on the tour. Some workers at Troy wear shorts too.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Where do you live KSR? I'm trying to pick the best route to SSV from Dearborn out of the contingency plans and suggestions, but nothing is easy at 7:15 A.M...

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
Best route from Dearborn would be Southfield Freeway north to I-696 east to I-75 north to the 14 mile rd exit (or take I-94 east from Dearborn to I-75 north). . You will take 14 mile rd west to Stephenson Hwy. Go north, cross Maple, make the Michigan left (a left u turn), the head west on Maple. About 1/4 mile down is the big grey Saleen building w/yellow awning.

If it's unclear, do a map quest. Might help. How many owners are coming?

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
live in the metro Detroit area. See you at the rally.