Place your bets: What will Ford show at NAIAS 2015?

What will Ford show at NAIAS?

• A new Ford GT

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • A mid-engine supercar concept that isn't named Ford GT

Votes: 55 50.0%
  • A supercar of a different configuration like the GR1/Cobra

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Nothing. It was all a bunch of b.s

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Title block of drawing is noted "Charity Preview"….

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
"Innovation Park" is where they will give a prize to anyone who can make touchscreens and voice controls work better than knobs and buttons.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Im looking forward to seeing what it is.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Interesting breakdown in the votes so far!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Well, no pressure -- with the whole world watching....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 313

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Title block of drawing is noted "Charity Preview"….

That just means it's the Friday night layout. The area marked Dealer Event is there every year and gets removed for the regular show.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I can't imagine the logic of a "Ford Performance" display that opens with a GT40 and a GT, and doesn't have something that represents the next generation.

That would be like saying the best we can do, we did 10 years ago.

And, it would have to be a concept, because that is the only way it could still be a secret.

The Ecoboost/Riley doesn't count.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Ecoboost/Riley doesn't count.

I'm not sure why anyone would have ever thought something based on a Riley chassis that fits either Ford or Corvette bodywork, and fits Ford, GM, Porsche or BMW powerplants would show up as a Ford production car.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I hope no one would think that, but I know somebody was going to use that as an example of Ford performance at the supercar level not stagnating.

If it's a racecar, with some minimum production needed for homologation, would that fit into one of the poll categories?

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sure, theoretically that could be any of the three that isn't nothing.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
any other GT brother be there on Industry night?? had some interesting conversations with some Ford people. I've never seen so much dancing around the conversation about this new car. however, not one person said it wasn't going to happen. they just said they'd rather not be quoted either way. if it wasn't going to happen, wouldn;t they just have said "NO" it's not. I vote that yes it will be there. the car is in Plymouth, MI at Special Vehicles so they will show something even if it's not the production car. JMO

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I hope no one would think that, but I know somebody was going to use that as an example of Ford performance at the supercar level not stagnating.

If it's a racecar, with some minimum production needed for homologation, would that fit into one of the poll categories?

GTE (LMGT) requires large manufacturers to sell 100 units BEFORE it can be entered. Of course there is another press conference by the FIA governing body that will probably omit that requirement. Note homologation requires a street car, and precious time for all of the NHTSA and EPA requirements for street car announcement are ticking down every minute. It would be amazing if they have pulled off all of the road testing for such a vehicle without it being spotted by the press. Recall that the car that became the GT350 was spotted about two years ago...

We'll see come monday morning. I'm voting for what I want/hope will happen rather than what I expect.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
This is a very exciting time to be following Ford. Looking forwards to Monday.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll be there Monday morning at 9 AM for the press event at Joe Louis. Looking forward to it.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
The booth layout photo also looks like it shows a 5.2 liter engine displayed just past the mystery car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Dave,

You are having way too much fun with this!

If there were a poll about who in the automotive world actually knows what's going on, I'd vote for you.

Following all the threads on this has led me to change my vote from what it would have been 6 weeks ago.

Enjoy Monday for sure, and thanks for all you have done with this topic.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
New Ford GT and the New Gt350r race car will be on display!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave,

You are having way too much fun with this!

If there were a poll about who in the automotive world actually knows what's going on, I'd vote for you.

Following all the threads on this has led me to change my vote from what it would have been 6 weeks ago.

Enjoy Monday for sure, and thanks for all you have done with this topic.

:biggrin

AwesomeGT

Jan 9, 2015
First time poster, multi-year follower. Joined so I can be part of the introduction of what I hope will be something of the same caliber of your present GTs. I've just asked for my press credentials - I've had them in previous years. They may come through, and if so, flights will be booked and I may see you Dave. Go Ford.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Are the Ford and FIA press conferences going to be web cast?