Photos of the day we bought our Ford GT's.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Such an awesome car to have in itself, but extra special with the past ownership.

Reactions: extrap

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Here is my GT being delivered on April 11, 2006. It was a brand new 2005 model with 20 miles on the odometer. It must be a an early build version because I have machined billet control arms on all 4 corners.

Ford GT BLUE Delivery 02.JPG

Hard to believe I've owned it for 14 years.

Tiago

GT Owner
Apr 9, 2019
Houston, TX
It was a magical day.

2019-06-12 14.44.57.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeZ

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2014
Here is my GT being delivered on April 11, 2006. It was a brand new 2005 model with 20 miles on the odometer. It must be a an early build version because I have machined billet control arms on all 4 corners.

View attachment 60258

Hard to believe I've owned it for 14 years.

Love the blue cars.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Found an old picture of when I took delivery of my first GT. Delivered from Pioneer Ford in Washington state and pre inspected by our own Larry. Mr Empty Pockets.DSC00929.JPGDSC00938.JPG

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Who is that young guy?

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
sweet. Amazing that Ford even produced these beauties!

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Day 1 (little over 3 months ago), after purchasing it and driving it home 200 miles. Have put on over 1000 miles already. Still can't believe I own it.

Day 1 w Ford GT.jpg

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Day 1 (little over 3 months ago), after purchasing it and driving it home 200 miles. Have put on over 1000 miles already. Still can't believe I own it.

Dreimer,

That's a great photo. Wonderful. See you at Rally 13!

Chip

Reactions: dreimer

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Looking forward to the rally, whenever and wherever it is!

morsben

Jun 5, 2020

View attachment 60594

Nice color! Congrats and enjoy your new ride!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
So nice, drive it often in good health.

Reactions: Simon and dreimer

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
In May, 2019 I decided to make a GT purchase, with full support of my wife, YAY!!! I searched the country for options. Picked four cars to look at in the southwest US. Laid out my car inspection tour, bought airline tickets and was on my way. I was definitely not going to buy the first GT and maybe not any of the first four. I had a second tour laid out that would take me to the south-central US and southeast US. The availability of GT's, at that time, was definitely more numerous than today. Many of the cars had been for sale for 6 months or longer, so no reason to rush the purchase. For many reasons, I very surprisingly bought the first car that I looked at. No regrets. It had 18,000 miles, more than I preferred and the highest mileage of all my other options, but it had other offsetting benefits. Luckily, I had the ability to perform my own PPI. I did the inspection and finalized the deal the first day, slept on it overnight, wired the $$$ first thing the second day and received the title. I slept the second night at a relative's house with the car safe in the garage. Drove 800 miles home the third day, absolutely wonderful drive. This purchase really took the fun out of the remainder of my anxiously awaited inspection tour(s). Had fun driving and showing the GT during the summer of 2019. Of course, it won awards. First pic shows the car the day I bought it. Pics hide all, overall it was a really clean car, except, it had pitting on the windshield and head lights and a few small rock chips in the paint. Nobody noticed these faults, unless, I pointed them out. Meguiars Vinyl & Rubber No. 40 on the lights and Meguiars Hi-Tech Yellow Wax No. 26 on the windshield successfully filled/hid the pitting. Notice the old green tinted brake fluid in the second pic. Unacceptable, needs to be perfect.

Sooo......during the winter I did a complete refurbishment. New fluids, trans output seals, ARP shaft bolt kit, windshield, fog light lenses, headlights (could have easily sanded/buffed originals, but now have as spares), Heffner pipe, filters, belts, hatch lift struts, filled/sanded/buffed all rock chips, repaired prior mechanics minor screw-ups, buffed and waxed, etc. The GT is now in new showroom condition with over 20,000 miles. Although, it was proudly on display in a Lexus new car showroom when I purchased it.

I had the GT back together by spring and ready to show, BUT, now nowhere to show.

I did get a Speed Lingerie front bra and mirror covers for highway travel. Very nice fitting, looks great.

Many thanks to those on this forum for all the great info, advice and help over the past year.

Ed

PS: Regarding a question on another thread. I left the clamshell on during all the work, even for muffler replacement. Looked to me like this was the least risk to damage option.

20190529_191540.jpg
20191117_200323.jpg
20191117_200400.jpg
20200606_103609.jpg

Last edited:

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Great looking car, and appreciate seeing the "guts." You look just a tad happy in the picture. I bought mine 4 months ago and I still have that grin!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Cool story!

Thats a lot of GT500 hoods on the wall!

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Thats a lot of GT500 hoods on the wall!

Always wanting more performance, 850 HP Super Snake. 2014 GT500 is way quicker than the GT, but the GT far out manuvers the GT500's. I think I will leave the GT with the pulley and tune at 650 HP. I have a couple of HP Jeep CJ builds that I am working on now. But, when those get finished, who knows, maybe I will get bored and improve the GT performance in the future as well. I keep thinking of the 1000 HP potential and extreme ease of working on the GT, but want to stay with 92 pump gas.

Last edited:
Reactions: F Pilot

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Delivery day 8/26/20 (cell fone pics; all I could do ... too much goin' on to concentrate!)
IMG_20200826_081812a.png

IMG_20200826_082400a.jpg

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Congrats! If you ever see a similar looking car (but without the side stripe decals) around the Gainesville area, it is just me visiting my daughter at UF.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats! If you ever see a similar looking car (but without the side stripe decals) around the Gainesville area, it is just me visiting my daughter at UF.

OK! Message me if you ever want to meet.

Reactions: F Pilot and dreimer

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Will do. Just be careful, I've heard red cars somehow multiply. I have no idea how. ;)All 3.jpg

Reactions: Roadtrip and extrap