Photos of Doran GT at Sebring 2008

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Here are some photos of the Doran GT I snapped at Sebring. Great effort by the Doran team. It was great to see the GT in action again.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/Sinovac/DSC_0031-1.jpg

This is my favorite-the GT lapping the Audi TDI :)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/Sinovac/DSC_0072-1.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/Sinovac/DSC_0077-1.jpg

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Thanks for the pictures. That's an awesome looking car. :cheers

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
GT at Sebring

Just back from Sebring too. Sadly the GT was crashed about 9 hours into the race. Dave Robinson (Robinson Racing) was at the wheel. I visited the pits to find my pal Dick Barbour heading up the activities. Not sure where all the bits and people fit - but Dick has a wealth of experience and can only be good for the team. Dick used to run (successfully) Le Mans in the early 80's and did a lot of races with Paul Newman and others.

While the GT looks much like you and I drive - it's very different. Different engine and gearbox. Sadly it is restricted significantly by ALMS rules, where it's air box intakes (2 each) are not much more than an inch in diameter. Car produces mid 600 bhp unrestricted but only 500 with the restrictors. It sounded wicked. A low, raw rumble approaching hooligan territory. The suspension was also very different from what we use - but works well on the track.

I hope the crew can get this all sorted out before Tampa.

And yes, Sebring lived up to her reputation!!!!! Wild beyond imagination. The turn 2 and turn 17 crowds would have embarrassed even our moderator Bony!! Bouncy would have been right at home!!

PS: Jeff - got to clear your voice mail box. It's full!!!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Sonivac, most excellent pictures, makes me realize that we own one of the top GT cars ever produced and without question the most famous silhoette of any race car, ever! The rear quarter panel of the GT is the most recognizable race car shape in sports car history! :cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Cool !! I wish I could have been there !!

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
What Engine is being run?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
IT LOOKED SOOOOOOOOOO MEAN AT YELLOWS ,CRUISING AROUND! You can tell though even though its great that the series TRIES to promote ind. teams , they literally get No mention, it did look hot though. Any donations or raising private money so other can help or get involved? :thumbsup good luck gtjoey 1314:thumbsup

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
And yes, Sebring lived up to her reputation!!!!! Wild beyond imagination. The turn 2 and turn 17 crowds would have embarrassed even our moderator Bony!! Bouncy would have been right at home!!

Pictures are coming soon? :banana

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
sebring race report(s)

PS: Jeff - got to clear your voice mail box. It's full!!!
Gordo - emptied out this morning. Found the delete option.

Excellent showing for the Robertson Racing GT. Until the crash. Hated to see the wheel fall off.

Congrats to Kuttner/Doran and crew for building this racer. Looking forward to seeing more GT's in the future races.

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
What Engine is being run?

I'm not sure. I did not have enough time to get all the skinny. By the "engine guy" was wearnig a "Roush/Yates" jacket. Probably a combination of two stellar engine builders.

olibor

GT Owner
Mar 8, 2006
The engines are built by Robert Yates who has partnered up with the Roush organization
we think they are the best regards to all oliver P.S. in unrestricted form they can do over 800 hp normally aspirated with peak sprint motors going to the upper 900 range. This is the same motor you all run without the supercharger but modified with each part being the best money can buy. Pretty nice design.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Impressive: 800 - 900hp NA. That's what I'm talking about.