Myakka City, Florida
Here you go.
443979b05f94e9afb7a9da78500b7ab5.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I’m sorry for your frustration, but I do find it kind of shocking that this would be a “deal-breaker” for you. Then again, my wife isn’t as passionate about cars.

I'm keeping this thread a secret from my wife. She is 5' and excited to drive the new GT. She may need to borrow Gary's Gucci platform sneakers.

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I like to think the concierge, whom you openly berate on a public forum, has a dry erase board in his office with a list of BS whining received from all the old, rich, white guys he must deal with. #1 on that list is "my girlfriend won't fit in my half-a-mil supercar", he and his colleagues laugh and laugh.

:rofl Deal-breaker!? :rofl

raw

Ok. That was harsh, sorry, I don't know what you are going through. Sarcasm doesn't translate in text well. But if you have really been dealing with this for over a year I don't see how you will ever be satisfied. No matter how many measurements are provided. We are all fortunate as hell to have such problems. There is a guy here who is outfitting his car with hand controls for fux sake, without complaint.

:leaving:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I did some measurements also a little different than Dave. 1. My wife Sue is 5 ft 1inches tall. Her inseam measurements to floor is 29 1/2 inches and her outseam measurements from waist to floor (barefooted) is 37 inches. That’s all the measurements she would give up! HA HA. Ok I measured with the foot box all the way up at the center of the pedals as following: The gas Pedal 19 1/2 inches to the center of the rise in the seat (where the knees would be). The brake pedal is 18 inches from the center of the pedal to the rise in the seat. With the box all the way in for the tallest persons position, the Gas pedal is 26 inches from center to rise in the seat. Last was the brake pedal was 24 inches from center of pedal to the rise of the seat. I would think the back of the knees would be about the top of the rise in the seat cushion.
Phil, I hope this helps in making your decisions. My wife will have to drive my New GT with the back of the seat in the upward position which will push her up towards the front,of the drivers seat somewhat. sue says that she can see a lot better out of the New GT than she could in the 06 GT as it sat lower in the car and had to sit on a car cover folded up. Note: she could not drive my 06 because she could not push the clutch pedal in far enough. Our New 2017 is no problem! Good luck and forget the Quadruple soles on her shoes!! Tomy & Sue Hamon PS everyone need to understand that these Concierge’s are trained to help with your orders and don’t know a lot about the detailed specifications of the Car. Be easy my European friends with these Concierges as those of us in the US with early orders went through the same things you are encountering now. Be Patient and calm and everything will work for you and you will be enjoying your new purchase soon.

Attachments

• E50255D2-B38F-4D22-996A-E616248EC80F.jpeg
    E50255D2-B38F-4D22-996A-E616248EC80F.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 303
  • C08EBF1C-ACBC-49D3-8E11-020532C3B630.jpg
    C08EBF1C-ACBC-49D3-8E11-020532C3B630.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 282
  • EE102725-C351-4768-ADCE-05FDD0CBAC6C.jpg
    EE102725-C351-4768-ADCE-05FDD0CBAC6C.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Part of the magic of the new Ford GT is what makes it differen't from other supercars and the differences are many. One of them is that unlike most all others the GT seat does not move. Makes for better aero BUT it does limit adjustment more than a sliding seat would. The profile and roof line of the NFGT would not be possible with a sliding seat.

Chip

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
There is a guy here who is outfitting his car with hand controls for fux sake, without complaint.:

After that response, and have read that thread,,,,I have no complaints .......well,,,,,at least today.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I measured today also, and got the same as DBK, ~14-15" from the turned down part of the seat (behind the storage bin).

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Phil, do I need to state the obvious? You need a taller partner. Time to trade in and get a newer model. As an aside, ByeEnzo and I run a small surgical center in Mexico where we can lengthen leg bones. We are pricey, but by Mexican law, we offer your money back if you're not satisfied.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Just a quick note.

I assume Phil is getting a RHD model, right ? Maybe something is a little bit different here.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Here you go.
443979b05f94e9afb7a9da78500b7ab5.jpg

:lol I'm trying not to encourage her to buy more shoes atm! :wink

I’m sorry for your frustration, but I do find it kind of shocking that this would be a “deal-breaker” for you. Then again, my wife isn’t as passionate about cars.

Yes she is passionate about cars and this was meant to be a joint purchase, so this puts me in a rather difficult position. It doesn’t help that she now reminds me that I gave up a 918 at list for the opportunity to buy this car!

Phil, do I need to state the obvious? You need a taller partner. Time to trade in and get a newer model. As an aside, ByeEnzo and I run a small surgical center in Mexico where we can lengthen leg bones. We are pricey, but by Mexican law, we offer your money back if you're not satisfied.

You’d better hide at the next Rally! :biggrin Besides her little hands are useful when trying to get to fiddly parts of the engine. :wink

Just a quick note.

I assume Phil is getting a RHD model, right ? Maybe something is a little bit different here.

No, it’s LHD, AFAIK the UK cars are the exactly same as US cars.

DBK/Tomy/Specracer - thanks for the info and photos. I’ll go back to the chap who is in charge of the press car and ask him if it differs to those. BTW Does Sue have to have her leg dead straight in order to press the pedals then, or can she still have a slight knee bend?

I can confirm that my partner has no issue with the 05 car, and just to add to our confusion, we measured our respective leg lengths from crotch to toe and they only differ by two inches, and I’m 5’10! I don’t think I had the pedals on the max extension but that would suggest I did, as she said she felt she needed another inch or two to fully press the accelerator down. So I really don’t understand what’s going on as the chap from Ford Europe altered the pedals for her and confirmed that her seating position wasn’t acceptable, so it’s unlikely that she did something wrong or is just being awkward.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Quote Originally Posted by FENZO View Post
There is a guy here who is outfitting his car with hand controls for fux sake, without complaint.:

After that response, and have read that thread,,,,I have no complaints .......well,,,,,at least today.

That must be me you guys are talking about :)
Thanks for the support

[video=youtube;ZFk7mHKEfwI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFk7mHKEfwI[/video]

(watch race 2 if you have a moment)

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Impossible for me to believe that the geniuses at MultiMatic could not modify a pedal box.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I hope the problem gets resolved. I would hate to see the purchase of an automobile that is the object of such general passion be scrubbed because of this.

Other manufacturers not withstanding, I always found it very difficult to accept that the potential purchaser of what has turned out to be a $ 500 to 600K car would be denied the opportunity to not only sit in, but drive the car.

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
this may sound crazy but i would ask DBK if you and your girlfriend could stop by and try the seating position in his car .Maybe make it an excuse for a vacation?i know i have traveled cross country and back in the same day just to check on a car to make sure it was right.