PeakCompletions Matte Black FGT For Sale

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Hey guys,

been a little quiet on the forum lately due to a variety of reasons mainly traveling a lot overseas on business, but wanted to offer this here first as I know a lot of guys have expressed interest to me before if I ever were to sell this car...

The only reason it is for sale is due to some really exciting upcoming projects which have made me decide to trim back a little on a few cars :facepalm:

I do think everyone will really like the current projects though once they are finished and revealed :banana:banana:banana

This car is absolutely perfect and no expense or detail was spared on the build of this car.

raysmatteblackgt009.jpg

I bought this car, a 2005 Silver 4 option car, from Shelby at the dinner banquet of the Vegas Rally. We had started doing some really good things with the yellow car and decided that we needed a back up car.

After that it started a transformation where we took everything we had learned from our 260 mph testing and put it into the "next generation" Heffner system for this car.

I wanted to have a matte black car and wanted to do something a little different so we completely disassembled the car right down to the frame in order to repaint the OEM silver frame a dark Anthracite. Heffner and crew went to such extents that some day if the car is ever taken apart, it will seem like this was done at the ford factory. The dark anthracite color was something i had always wanted to try but didn't want to just spray the engine bay and have a partially matched car.

We started with another Mihovetz accufab engine and started working around a SC/TT setup in order to eliminate the "Big Turbo" High HP lag that we had at the time in the Yellow car. Everything on this car was made to break records and as such Jason Heffner and crew went the extra mile to ensure everything was of the highest quality. With the bullet proof accufab engine at the core, next came a complete custom turbo set up and tuning system, all one of a kind header and turbo kit designed with the ultimate in efficiency and power in mind.

The system is designed with the stock Supercharger as the whipple simply did not perform well in this application and we made more power quicker and more linear with the stock unit. We also made several custom pulley combinations so that we could go from instant tire blistering torque on the low end to 220 mph for street roll on racing or switch to a more manageable power application (slight lag though not as much as a tt only setup) to 270 mph combo... currently the car has the high mph setup on it although the smaller pulley is a ton of fun on the street :big grin

once we put down some killer numbers on the dyno and dialed in the drivability with full boost by gear and OEM characteristics, albeit with a crazy lope and exhaust note, the next step was aesthetics.

While planned for my back up mile car I also wanted this to be the best and craziest FGT that i had to drive on the street.

I wanted a matte (satin) finish car so Heffner had the car painstakingly painted to a beautiful satin black. We converted the brakes and put on the Heffner center bolt wheel combo not only for looks but to allow for swapping of wheels quickly between the yellow car and this at the track.

We then focused on the interior and went with each and every Kip Ewing carbon interior and GT Guys dry carbon exterior pieces we could get at the time. Console, dash, full door panels, mac relocation and all the goodies makes this seem like you have entered an exotic like no tother.

Shelby finished it off with the double din radio and all the goodies. Back up cam, satellite radio, bluetooth etc...

It is with great reservation that I post this car for sale as it is truly one of my babies. I have posted this up without dyno charts or a full build list as I am getting this up before i change my mind :biggrin

I have put more into this build than any other FGT with the exception of the yellow car and it shows. Anyone interested in details or making an offer can contact me by PM please.

Jason Heffner is also the man to ask about the level of detail that went into his build on this car over a span of 14 months or so. I can get you a full build sheet and details upon request of a serious potential buyer.

Here's your chance at one of the finest built FGT high HP cars on the planet without the wait...

Here are a few pics from when it was last at Shelby's.

raysmatteblackgt006.jpg

raysmatteblackgt001.jpg

raysmatteblackgt004.jpg

raysmatteblackgt021.jpg

raysmatteblackgt017.jpg

raysmatteblackgt016.jpg

raysradioinstall005.jpg

raysmatteblackgt013.jpg

raysmatteblackgt025.jpg

raysmatteblackgt002.jpg

rh_matte_gt_2.jpg

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Wow. Sad to see it go, but I do hope it goes to a forum member. Wish it was coming to me, but not enough disposable income for two. Can't wait to hear what the next project is though. Good luck with the sale.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
you could have posted this for sale BEFORE I bought my G and sent it to UGR. lol

gripforce-gt

GT Owner
May 26, 2009
Irvine, CA
Ray, I'm in a market for TT FGT and this could be the one I've been waiting for.
Please call 949-356-2200 or email to gregory@gripforce.com

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Golly that thing is gorgeous. Looks like a stealth fighter jet.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
One of the baddest looking GT's ever.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I think it's THE baddest ass looking one I've seen, and I've seen a lot. I think I saw it at one of the Rallys.

One of the baddest looking GT's ever.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
My favorite GT of all time!

fordgtforsale.com

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jun 8, 2007
Lots of $$ in that build with all top quality parts, good luck with the sale.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No bottle holders? Cheapskate.

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Thanks for all the comments guys!!! Trying to answer all the PMs and interest while traveling...

have to say apart from the Matech car this is the best sounding FGT I own... with the SC/TT combo the turbo sound is intoxicating and it has a much meaner sound than even the yellow car...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sounds a little like this....

[video=youtube;scn7kon9klk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scn7kon9klk[/video]

Holy shnikees :lol

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
have to say apart from the Matech car this is the best sounding FGT I own... with the SC/TT combo the turbo sound is intoxicating and it has a much meaner sound than even the yellow car...

That must be impressive then, because I heard the Yellow one at Jason's shop and almost fell over as the sound was beyond compare. I've heard NOTHING better from a GT EVER. Not even close!!!

EDIT - Oops, just saw Dave's post with the vid. Yeah, and that's through computer speakers. Unreal. :bow Hard to believe the Matte Black could sound better. Wows.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I've got the same cams in my yellow GT that Ray has in his. It sounds really angry and I get a lot of comments about it. But after hearing that matt black GT of Ray's fire up and run several times over the last 3 months, #34 sounds tame by comparison. You have to hear that GT to believe it.

Chip

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I too love the Matte Black GT but I want that new rat rod you picked up not long ago. :)

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Looks amazing.

I'm glad I just paid for a house remodel or I might have been tempted to do something impulsive.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Sent you a PM ...please respond ASAP .

Mark