Pe2unia's new bling! Billet braces

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
installation instructions

Several of you should be getting your braces any day now so here is a quick step by step for doing the install.

1. Blue tape both top and bottom braces.
2. Place a blanket under the bottom brace across the motor (this is a safety as we do drop things from time to time).
3. Unbolt the top brace and remove carefully. Note: be very careful not to hit the rear glass with any tools or the rails
4. Unbolt the bottom brace and remove carefully. You may need to gently tap the OEM Brace away with a rubber mallet to remove. Note: be very careful not to hit the rear glass with any tools or the rails
5. Install bottom brace and tighten bolts. Note: both braces for the bottom are identical so use either one as the tops are side specific.
6. Install the top brace (passenger side top brace has a hole in the bottom of it to reinstall christmas tree fastener) by starting all the bolts before tightening them. Tighten the three bolts by the rear glass first and then tighten the rear one. Note: be very careful not to hit the rear glass with any tools or the rails

OK now that side is done:thumbsup Go to the other side and repeat the steps in order.

Post some pictures once you have them installed:banana

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Wow

Hey Boys,
I took this little project of installing my braces this morning. I ordered just the top two braces. The install for me was a easy 20 min per side. I did put down a blanket in case a dropped something and I used a collapsible windshield shade to protect the rear window. The socket I used never came close to the window and the nuts removed very easily!
The pictures are good but you need to see these braces in person. I have the black no striper and I think this adds more POW. My camera phone pics are not to good.

Attachments

• Ford GT brace.jpg
    Ford GT brace.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 339

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hey Billy I am glad everything went well and believe me they will see the braces whether they want to or not in Texas next week as everyone better have their sun glasses on:rofl That no striper of yours looks fabulous:banana

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
There were a few people at the rally who inquired about getting a set of these braces so just let me know as the machinist has several sets left and ready to ship.:thumbsup

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Shelby has Kevin's car at his place doing a little extra plastic surgery so here are a couple of pics of the braces that he had chromed. :eek:eek:eek

Attachments

• DSC00553.JPG
    DSC00553.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC00555.JPG
    DSC00555.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC00554.JPG
    DSC00554.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 260

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
After getting back from 2 weeks in Aruba in the hot sun and sand, I was missing the girls and was having withdrawal from at last looking at them in real life let alone tinkering with them. So I took the next day off to put on the full set of braces from pe2unia and the coil covers from Jake at Project 321. Guys these are amazing pieces from both guys. The install went very easily for both. I also laid down a blanket and taped up the areas of the rear window where the tools could touch. The sockets did touch occasionally but tried to keep the tools off the window. The pictures below do not do the parts jurtice as many others have said here. I can't wait to see the braces sparkle in the summer sun. These pictures wre taken today in my driveway, temp O*C and cloudy. But no snow or rain thank god.
Thx pe2unia and Jake!!:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup
:cheers

Attachments

• DSCN2592.jpg
    DSCN2592.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN2607.jpg
    DSCN2607.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 229
  • DSCN2600.jpg
    DSCN2600.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 226
  • DSCN2594.jpg
    DSCN2594.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN2589.jpg
    DSCN2589.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 223
Aug 25, 2006
Thank you for the pictures

She looks HOT!!

Shadowman

KDO GT

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2008
Hollywood MD
Sweettttttttt

The braces look great on your car. The whole motor compartment looks sweet:thumbsup:thumbsup

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Thanks Shadowman and KDO GT,
:cheers

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Pre-Rally sale!!!

Our machinist would like to offer a pre-rally discount to anyone who is on the fence about getting a set of these engine bay braces. He only has a few sets left in stock and he would like to move them ASAP so the pre-rally price is $1,300 shipped while supplies last. This is a $360 savings per set from the original price. If you are interested please PM me for the discounted price.:thumbsup

http://www.fordgtbilletparts.com/billetBraces.html

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Our machinist would like to offer a pre-rally discount to anyone who is on the fence about getting a set of these engine bay braces. He only has a few sets left in stock and he would like to move them ASAP so the pre-rally price is $1,300 shipped while supplies last. This is a $360 savings per set from the original price. If you are interested please PM me for the discounted price.:thumbsup

http://www.fordgtbilletparts.com/billetBraces.html

We still have a couple of sets left so if anyone else is interested please PM me:thumbsup