Paybacks are a bitch

wmjim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
This happens to all married guys, right? But seriously, I had no idea what I was getting into! After all the years of her going to car events, and shows, I told Lynn that I would take her to this little "quilting, sewing, and crafts fair in Phoenix. Who knew it would be this unbelievably GIANT exposition with miles and miles of white hair ladies pushing and shoving to get at fabric samples, and sewing needles! I think I'm bleeding out my eyes. I figure I should be good for another 10 years of automotive events.

Attachments

• image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    157.8 KB · Views: 351
  • image1 (4).jpeg
    image1 (4).jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 349

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Make lemonade out of lemons. Look for Ford GT type material.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Chat up some women to invent seat covers for us or cheap car covers.

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
you are a good man!

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Do NOT ever let your wife see this post, or all you goodwill you supposedly have earned from this "ordeal" will be written-off...., just sayin....

Yes, good man, indeed!!

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 28, 2016
Jim,
Hate to burst your bubble, but this ONE good deed certainly can't cover 10 years of car events (as fun as they are). That said, you certainly did earn a hearty handful of bonus points for going!

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
That’s awesome.... like Frank said. Make the best of it... find man cave stufff

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
:lol

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Now You are my Hero!! NOT

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
This happens to all married guys, right? But seriously, I had no idea what I was getting into! After all the years of her going to car events, and shows, I told Lynn that I would take her to this little "quilting, sewing, and crafts fair in Phoenix. Who knew it would be this unbelievably GIANT exposition with miles and miles of white hair ladies pushing and shoving to get at fabric samples, and sewing needles! I think I'm bleeding out my eyes. I figure I should be good for another 10 years of automotive events.

love the facial expression because it's the exact same one I get when wifey drags me to the mall! lol

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Yep, your expression says it all, Jim! :lol. You’re a good man. I’m sure Lynn appreciated it. You guys need to stop by some time for a visit!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
To funny!
Dont feel to bad .Im taking Mandy to a Michael Buble concert!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Did you look for someone to make quilted floor mats, or perhaps a quilted or embroidered Ford GT custom jacket or shirt? I think you could have scored big points with Lyn on that.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Cracking me up Jim.

Vince H

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I know exactly how you felt when I went to a comedy show called "The Mommies". As we were walking into event hall both my girlfriend and another women were pointing at each other saying, "See there's another man here".

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Wifey has a far more pathetic look of 'exasperation' on her face when we walk into the 'Vegas Convention Center during SEMA week.

Full truth be told, it's actually more of a combination of that and a 'this-is-going-to-be-a-really-looooooong-boring-day' look. :wink

'Real trooper, she...

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Your expression was perfect! :lol

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
How come I didn’t see you guys there? I found the cutest diagonal striped velvet pattern in an emerald color, perfect for a vest I’m making.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
How come I didn’t see you guys there? I found the cutest diagonal striped velvet pattern in an emerald color, perfect for a vest I’m making.

:lol:lol
Is anyone qualified close enough to do a PPI on Barry?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Do they sell beer at those quilting events?

Ed