Parts is parts

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
Buying floor mats for GT and parts man asked for VIN stating Ford requires it now on this car. Anyone else get that yet?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Its your dealer. The parts lookup system wants VIN but its not required by Ford. Try one of the sponsors here or one of the large Ford mail order dealers.

For floor mats, you would be better served to go aftermarket. Several folks have gone through ordering OEM mats multiple times and all were oozing as bad as the ones they have. Its a bad material selection and old stock in the warehouse.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Go to Torrie (PM "tmcphail") for the OEM mats!

For floor carpets to overlay the mats, with the "FORD GT" logo embroidered lettering, check our Lloyd Mats - www.lloydmats.com

They're around $100 for a set, and can sometimes be found on eBay.

Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Lloyd also makes direct replacement sets (4 pcs) that fit in the factory channels and contours exactly replacing the rubber mats with carpeted ones. Completely carpets the floor including under seats and package area behind seats. One of the sponsor vendor sells these sets, I have them and they are very well done.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
And yes you need the VIN to order any GT specific part from Ford today. I know this as I do it on a daily basis. They will also limit you on item QTY's as well. I had a customer that wanted to buy 5 center caps because he wanted spare. They would only sell me 4 for that VIN.

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
I went this route, not cheep but they are really nice

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Several folks have gone through ordering OEM mats multiple times and all were oozing as bad as the ones they have. Its a bad material selection and old stock in the warehouse.

On the contrary. My original OEM's are just fine and don't ooze. I can say the same for the spares I purchased sitting on the shelf in the garage as I checked after reading some of the posts here.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
On the contrary. My original OEM's are just fine and don't ooze. I can say the same for the spares I purchased sitting on the shelf in the garage as I checked after reading some of the posts here.

+1 - mine are don't ooze

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have these mats and must say they are top notch and true to the original look of the stock ones .
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?16584-Floor-Mats&highlight=floor+mats

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I have these mats and must say they are top notch and true to the original look of the stock ones .
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?16584-Floor-Mats&highlight=floor+mats

Did I miss where they can be ordered from?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The phone number is at the bottom of the first post

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thank you. I was looking at the pretty pictures and not seeing the details.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey Kevin, give me a call regarding some GT parts you have pretty please. :)

Thanks!
MJ