Parking Brake Cover hole

toomanytoys

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2006
Las Vegas
Hey guys, Happy New Year!

I just noticed that I have a hole in the rubber parking brake cover. :frown It's in the back where the cover bends when the brake is pulled up. I can feel a sharp corner of metal under the cover. Anyone else have this problem? I "assume" the dealer will repair this under waranty. Anyone know of an up grade, possible out of leather?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2006
Hey guys, Happy New Year!

I just noticed that I have a hole in the rubber parking brake cover. :frown It's in the back where the cover bends when the brake is pulled up. I can feel a sharp corner of metal under the cover. Anyone else have this problem? I "assume" the dealer will repair this under waranty. Anyone know of an up grade, possible out of leather?

Thanks

Because I was made aware of this early on I put a pieces of foam under the OEM boot. I then also puerchased one of the vinyl covers sold by a Forum member however have not installed it. I am waiting for a nice leather one to appear.

Takes care

Shadowman

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Just guessing, but I bet it's not covered by warranty, probably usual wear and tear, like wiper blades. The guy selling the vinly boots has a listing om e-bay, now for $64 (started at 80 if I remember right.) They look very nice and he says he can make leather and offers various stiching.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I had the same problem,my son found it.Called the dealer and they replaced it under warranty

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I stocked up on the boots knowing the bolt would push through eventually- cost was under $30 ea.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I never use the brakes, parking or otherwise (unless I'm in Dearborn).

toomanytoys

GT Owner
Aug 8, 2006
Las Vegas
Just guessing, but I bet it's not covered by warranty, probably usual wear and tear, like wiper blades. The guy selling the vinly boots has a listing om e-bay, now for $64 (started at 80 if I remember right.) They look very nice and he says he can make leather and offers various stiching.

Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. Still need to check the dealer.