Paint Bubbling

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Bubbles on white and red. Just showing up after nine years. Repaint eventually and then wait another nine years to see if it was done correctly.

5D3-11338.jpg

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Anyone who has repainted a hood without this recurring, please share your paint prep tricks.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
No rime or reason as to where blemishes show up but most always on the hood. Mine appear on the white color and not the blue.

It only happens on the fiberglass part Tomy. The fiberglass prep before painting can be the main culprit but I am told that sometimes even with proper prep & no contamination of the fiberglass surface these bumps can appear. When did you notice them appearing? You may eventually find them on the blue area.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Is there another thread on the forum discussing this? I looked but couldn't find one.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My GT is back! I have a new painted front lid. We'll see how it holds up over the years. They met with the paint rep & cleaned/prepped as recommended with 2 primer coats that were heat treated & sanded. I'll wait a good long time before I have the clear film installed.

Ed

Attachments

• IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 213

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
bubbles on white and red. Just showing up after nine years. Repaint eventually and then wait another nine years to see if it was done correctly.

View attachment 40528

ugh.....:frown

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Character marks

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006