Paging Kendall / Nota4re

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Trying to reach you regarding a Cool-Tech order. Not sure if you are having e mail/phone or PM issues.

Thanks

John

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Trying to reach you regarding a Cool-Tech order. Not sure if you are having e mail/phone or PM issues.

Thanks

John

I had a similar issue. Maybe his phone number has changed. Tried a couple of times in December. Hopefully all is well and a good contact number will bubble up.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Currently at 40k feet somewhere over Nevada I suspect on flight back from Boston to LAX. Will follow-up this evening!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Boston... In our hood.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Spent the week in Waltham - with some executives from Bell Helicopter. The day job is still Aerospace. Bell is a VERY cool company and a leader when it comes to using the very latest technology. Their new V280 in response to the DoD's FVL air demonstrator program is pretty damn impressive and will see first flight later this year - and has the potential to be well ahead of the FVL schedule. When's the last time we saw a military (air) vehicle ahead of schedule?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
When's the last time we saw a military (air) vehicle ahead of schedule?

Well, not following every project, including piddly little things like helicopters that don't have enough 0's in their price tag to be in the news every day, the only major project I can think of would have been the SR71. Not only ahead of schedule but under budget.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Uhhh, check the literature--the SR 71 was WAAAAYY over budget. To be fair, that was after the Air Force got hold of it and made a full development and production program. The A-12 Oxcart was substantially cheaper, but still well beyond original estimates.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
F-100 by North American.. Bob Hoover was the test pilot. 24 months from design table to production/ deployment. Not sure about the budget. Or this is what I remember.. Havent google fact checked it.:)
Wasn't the A-12 developed to use a missile system that was later use by the Navy;).

Sorry about the hijack..

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Very cool. And for us that have no idea what a V280 is (until I looked at this site)

http://www.bellhelicopter.com/military/bell-v-280

Spent the week in Waltham - with some executives from Bell Helicopter. The day job is still Aerospace. Bell is a VERY cool company and a leader when it comes to using the very latest technology. Their new V280 in response to the DoD's FVL air demonstrator program is pretty damn impressive and will see first flight later this year - and has the potential to be well ahead of the FVL schedule. When's the last time we saw a military (air) vehicle ahead of schedule?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I went to a DoD-centric conference and listened to the presentation of a 4-star in charge of Acquisitions. "Our objective is really quite simple at the end the day. We never, never, EVER want to send the US warfighter into a fair battle. Ever. Period"

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
Any f/u on thread topic of spotty sales-communication from cooltech? would like to know before ordering something

p.s. I understand and respect that Kendall/ctllc has well-earned high regard. An overall excellent company might at the same time have less than perfect responsiveness; I am only trying to learn more about the first two posts of the thread.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Any f/u on thread topic of spotty sales-communication from cooltech? would like to know before ordering something

How to Win Friends and Influence People
http://images.kw.com/docs/2/1/2/212345/1285134779158_htwfaip.pdf

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
:lol

We would all do well to read that from time to time.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
:lol

We would all do well to read that from time to time.

I can say from personal experience that "arousing in the other person an eager want" can be risky.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I can say from personal experience that "arousing in the other person an eager want" can be risky.

True, but not in this case as it relates to you. :lol