owner's dvd?

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
now I am told there is an owner's dvd that includes break in instructions and a walk around discussion of the car. I did not get this on delivery, nor did I get the hard cover book Ford did on the car. I am trying to get the latter from the dealer now, but I had not previously heard of the dvd--a friend is making me a copy of his----anyone else know about the dvd???

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
I have not heard of this, nor did i receive one. Can your friend make an additional copy for myself?

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Is it an official FoMoCo DVD or a dealer supplied item?

Dave

4ord GT

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
No. Va.
Are you guys talking about the one that "Helm" sells?
www.helminc.com/helm/Result.asp?Style=YWKJINTDEAL7693&Mfg=FMC&Make=FCT&Model=FGT&Year=2005

$2,200 worth ?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM, LOOKS LIKE MY DVD IS IN THE SAME CLOSET AS MY CAR COVER BAG!! Yes you were supposed to get the dvd, and proof is from my unofficial registry, great thing you know. 3 out of the 50 got it, I DIDNT GET ONE EITHER. Called the dealer and got same response as the cover bag ,I I I I DDDOONT KNOW, HAVE WE ALL NOTICED ON EBAY , THERE IS SOMEONE SELLING OFFICIAL GT PRODUCTS , POSTERS, WORK MANUALS, COVERS AND DVD 'S.OH AND THE INFAMOUS LONG BLACK GTOWNERS BOOK, BUT NO CONTACT JUST PAYPALL ONLY HHHHMMMM. THIS IS NOT FORDS FAULT, I DID MY SURVEY , THEY DID CALL, I TOLD THEM I DIDNT GET THE BAG , THEY SAID THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT. SUPPOSEDLY THOUGH THE DVD IS A DEALER ITEM, ALSO DONT BE FOOLED ITS NOT IN YOUR SEALED OWNERS BOOK, WHY BECAUSE IT COMES IN ITS OWN LEATHERY OFF SIZE COVER/CASING, GREAT THING THIS UNOFFICAIL REGISTRY..JUST KEEP EMAILING ME . GTJOEY1314 AND LOVING IT!!!! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
first I heard of this... never got one either. still waiting for the folio :confused

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Can someone post a photyo of the DVD and an official name so we can locate one? I was told about the folio and did actually receive mine from my dealer after asking about it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No DVD

Did not get one either, my dealer was VERY attentive to the fact that a car freak might buy it, so they touched NOTHING, all stickers and wraps were in tact including the car cover , manual, trickle charger, even the steering wheel. I did get the book (even still wrapped) the owner had stashed it under his desk, but no dvd.

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
Specracer said:
Did not get one either, my dealer was VERY attentive to the fact that a car freak might buy it, so they touched NOTHING, all stickers and wraps were in tact including the car cover , manual, trickle charger, even the steering wheel. I did get the book (even still wrapped) the owner had stashed it under his desk, but no dvd.

Same story here. The car had all covers and stickers including the ones that blocked passenger door and all latches. The dealer was just scared of the machine. Very funny, actually. :biggrin
No DVD. First I've heard of it.

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
I spoke with Ford customer relations today, a nice guy tried to help me.
FYI the # is 800-392-FORD

After some research, he discovered there is a video that should come with the car. He didn't know about the hardcover book, but is looking into it.

I got back to my dealer and he is ordering the dvd for me (a N/C item) that is backlogged.

He is aware of a book that is a $150 item, but not aware of a gratis copy being sent to the dealer for each GT purchaser. He is going to look around for this and check with Ford.

It is amazing that they can build a great car and be so weak on this aspect of how to deliver it properly. My dealer was great overall, just seems there is not a clear process on Ford's end.

ps I did get the car cover, trickle charger and owner's manual.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
drive4fun said:
I spoke with Ford customer relations today, a nice guy tried to help me.
FYI the # is 800-392-FORD

After some research, he discovered there is a video that should come with the car. He didn't know about the hardcover book, but is looking into it.

I got back to my dealer and he is ordering the dvd for me (a N/C item) that is backlogged.

He is aware of a book that is a $150 item, but not aware of a gratis copy being sent to the dealer for each GT purchaser. He is going to look around for this and check with Ford.

It is amazing that they can build a great car and be so weak on this aspect of how to deliver it properly. My dealer was great overall, just seems there is not a clear process on Ford's end.

ps I did get the car cover, trickle charger and owner's manual.

Can you get a part number for the DVD? It would probably help my dealer order it. Thanks.

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
Following my first call, FOrd Customer service got back to me to explain the DVD was a dealer item and not intended for the end customer.

I still think they are mixing up two different dvds and will post more after my friend gives me a copy of the dvd he received--which is full of owner info.

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
dvd and book

well I watched the dvd last night and it is a mini owner's manual--definitely intended for owners--
It also refers to the hardcover book "each owner gets", with the host holding up a copy!

I will write a letter to Ford, as no one on the service lines really know what is going on....

more to come.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Ahhh, the "stealers - I don't know" stories

I went through the same thing with my 2002 BMW Z8. Nobody at the dealership knew anything regarding a VERY nice leather bound owners gift book, VIN'ed to each car. Funny though, as many began to show up on ebay for $4-600. I finally kept after BMW of NA and a great and very responsive customer service rep took the issue in hand and helped a great many owners get their books. The dealers personnel were useless and really didn't car after the sale was complete. In the end the efforts were well worth it for cars like these.

As I've probed local dealers about my GT purchase, I ask if they "have everything which comes with the car". Most don't really know what is supposed to go to the buyer and it seems many items seem to disappear after the GT is unloaded and prepped. I know it's been discussed here, but it would be great to have a very defined list of what each GT is actually supposed to be delivered with upon purchase.

Live to drive, drive to live.

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
stum,

speaking of halo cars....

I have a Z8 too --sans book as I bought it with 1500 miles and the owner couldn't find the book--just the two helmets from Z8 school!

I also have an NSX ---bought new --and have two of the factory hardcover books on it.

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
finally got GT book

FYI--

I finally got my GT book, the "2005 GT Portfolio" that should have come with the car. The dealer sent it at NC.

you can get one at www.dealerestore.com

Item # 05GTPORT

Now I have the DVD- manual (copy), trickle charger, car cover and book--
Amen!

Hope I am not alone in assembling the delivery items!

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I have the book, but its in plastic. Is it worthwhile reading? Whats in it?

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
drive4fun said:

How do I log on to that site?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
need a user name and password

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
apparently the site is for dealers only--so you need to call your salesman or service head and give him/her the part number.

The book is largely a picture book, with a lot of unusual graphics --foldouts etc. Nice, but not exceptional in any way.