Original GT40 at car show

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Nice patina. Interesting battery location.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
High on my bucket list - 959! Nice in Tungsten!

Do you have a price in mind?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Nice patina. Interesting battery location.
Interesting battery. Not period correct. :lol

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Do you have a price in mind?

There's the reason it's still in my bucket list.

However, If you sign, date and mail me a check, I'll let you know the amount after I purchase a 959!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, what great pictures of a piece of History. Just to be in the presence to touch and feel. Thanks.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
I didnt even notice the battery in the passenger footwell. I wonder why (and when) it was moved there?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
On racing sportscars in the 1960's, it was common to place the battery in the passenger's footwell, as an attempt to partially offset the weight of the driver. And, it was very easy to get at, if a replacement was necessary, as many of them were upsized motorcycle batteries.

Last edited:

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Wow, what an incredible survivor. Some great pictures Specracer!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
What a great day for you guys! Looks like a case where a little rain actually enhanced the experience. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

When you look at the details, it really is a deceptively simple vehicle. Simple principles, well executed, and wrapped in a pioneering aerodynamic body was what it took to beat Ferrari. Fast forward 50 years, and guess what!

FordGT4fun

beautiful, thanks for sharing, the 959 is amazing and this model has only about 14000 km in about 25 years, my god owning such a car and not driving it what a waste of pleasure