Original FGT owners (that still own their car) that did NOT get order

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I too am a member of the rejected list. Bought a 2005 and a 2006 when they first came out. Don't have those any longer but I still own a 2006 with 100 miles on the clock. I have bought and sold at least 10 GTs over the past 10 years but I have always had at least one in the garage to enjoy and drive. I also have a 2016 GT350 and 4 other Fords that the family drives everyday. Been a forum member since 2006. Like everyone else, it hurt a bit when I received the rejection letter but that's just human nature. We are all a pretty successful group and being told "No" isn't something we are used to hearing. I think Ford has been very clear with their decision process and I am personally glad that they chose to control the selection process rather than let dealers scalp all of us like they are doing with the GT350. After filling out the application, I knew that I would never qualify due to my lack of social media influence. It was the main driver in the process and was quite apparent. But it was Ford's process and their rules. Hell, I don't blame them one bit. They wanted the cars front and center in the media and on social networks. Maximum visibility for a new super car. Many of our forum members qualified and I congratulate them on their efforts. After thinking about things and giving it some time, I am not as down for several reasons. First, I still own a stunning like new 2006 GT and yes I am more of a waxer than a driver, so what. To me it's a piece of art. Secondly, at nearly $500k, there's a lot of alternative super car choices in the super car world. So if I need another super car, I have a world of choices. Lastly, I think the looks on the 2005/06 GTs are timeless and it has a V8 which makes me smile every time I start it. There are many unknowns on the new GT but I know exactly what I have with my current 2006. No disrespect intended on the new GT as it is a wonderful car and I would have loved to have been approved. But reflecting on what I currently have and what other options that I have in the future, I feel pretty fortunate. Long live all Ford GTs! Hope this helps others who may feel left out in the near term. Think about it and it's not so bad.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
As one of the "deferred" I have to agree with bmoullet. One important measure of my satisfaction is: would I give up my 2006 GT for a new one? NO! I sure hope I get chosen for a new GT in three years, but my 2006 is a dream come true. That being said, I'm going to try harder on my next application.

Howard

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
I was thinking of having FORD GT tattooed on my chest for the next application.

Joe:rofl

I would like to point out again that my number of Posts doesn't change!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I would like to point out again that my number of Posts doesn't change!

Make another post...

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
Another Post.

Joe

Thanks!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It changed. Went from 216 to 217. I checked the DB and you had 216 posts.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
I had 217 in 2012! I just looked.

Joe

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
How did you look? You know your post count on all previous posts reflects your current post count correct?

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
I didn't know that.

Joe

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
DBK comes through again

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
DBK comes through again

And The Wizard sees and knows all.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I'm going to type my next few posts backwards so my post count goes down and it doesn't look like I spend too much time here. Well it sort of worked for Ferris... :lol

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
just a thought about the application process; of those original owners that got deferred , how many included the videos and how many have any social media presence?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'm on that list of original owners that still has theirs. I have had a couple of fords over the years. The only thing I'm disappointed in is I didn't get any notice from Ford. I had assumed I wouldn't get in the first group and honestly its not the best time with all the life stuff going on so I'm happy to wait till the 3rd year for mine :)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
My recommendation is to have a video of you doing something with your GT instead of you talking about your GT, That's what I did.

Second, get your GT out in the world where it will be shown on the internet. If you see the thread started by Bonehead on our cars in the media you'll see that all you have to do is be out there & you will be recorded! Go to C&Cs. Organize GT & Ford events/drives. Go to the Rallys. Post on here!

I wish you the best!

Ed

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I sent them nothing but pix and videos of me on the track, including me flying off backwards at NOLA!

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Same here.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
<<If you are an original owner of a 2005/06 FGT and you still own the car today AND you applied and did NOT get an offer to order a car please chime in.

SGB>> /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'm another disappointed original owner

QUOTEwhy Ford would not have given us original owners 1st priority consideration when sending out acceptance letters (both times). QUOTE///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It seems reasonable that original owners, who have supported the Ford GT program from the beginning, and who have remained loyal to the cars for 10+ years, should have been given highest priority. Maybe we will receive notifications soon that we are on priority wait list, phase 2 ? (we can hope anyway!)

Pelle51, nice selection of Mustangs to go with your FGT!

Chime.

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
Original owner, no luck. Looks like my wife will get her (non-Ford) car now because no GT for me. That was the deal we made.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I'm an original owner (10 years) and was deferred.

My Father loved my car so much he purchased a Heritage brand new 4 months after me... He was deferred.

Out of the 70% of current GT owners selected, I would be very curious to know how many were actually original owners as well... I highly doubt there are more than 500 original owners prior to the announcement of the GT last year. I'm sure Ford is well aware how many exist. The SVT hotline acknowledged that much.