Ok be honest...

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
You mean you didn't get the 2017 Ford GT Ownership Application Email from Ford Performance this morning . . . . . me neither.

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
You mean you didn't get the 2017 Ford GT Ownership Application Email from Ford Performance this morning . . . . . me neither.

Vince H

Waking up every morning ,, excited like Xmas day,, check the stocking.. nope nothing.. not even a lump of coal so there is still hope !!! :biggrin

You do realize the EST guys have a head start !! Ha.. :willy

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I would doubt that being the first to submit an application would add to your chances of being among "The Chosen". You're already a "lock" anyway.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I would doubt that being the first to submit an application would add to your chances of being among "The Chosen". You're already a "lock" anyway.

Thank you for your confidence,, I'm the biggest fanatic that you have met in person !!! :biggrin There are a lot of people out there... I do not consider myself a lock but I'm hoping and praying.. The only lock I know here on this site is our infamous " Ring master" as coined in a recent article.. Out side of the Ford Hierarchy and Jay Leno the rest of the spots are up for grab !!!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thank you for your confidence,, I'm the biggest fanatic that you have met in person !!! :biggrin There are a lot of people out there... I do not consider myself a lock but I'm hoping and praying.. The only lock I know here on this site is our infamous " Ring master" as coined in a recent article.. Out side of the Ford Hierarchy and Jay Leno the rest of the spots are up for grab !!!

Agreed. Dave should be A.1 on the list. I would be beyond stoked to get one of the ones made in the final year of production if I'm honest. The excitement of owning the new GT is not going to suddenly vanish if I'm not selected in the first year of production/top 250+/-. As you said Brian, I am a fanatic and the desire to own the new GT will remain regardless. No different than the pride of owning the 05-06 continues.

Vince H

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Agreed. Dave should be A.1 on the list. I would be beyond stoked to get one of the ones made in the final year of production if I'm honest. The excitement of owning the new GT is not going to suddenly vanish if I'm not selected in the first year of production/top 250+/-.

Good things come to those who wait.

Proud to be an original owner, even if it took a bit longer to find than most. And I researched, studied, dreamed, coveted, stalked, and wished for divine intervention up until the stars aligned on 9/11/06. I desperately wanted a black two-option Ford GT.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I liked how on Question 2 of the Application it said... Do you own a Ford Electric Bike... if yes go to question 3... if no... thank you for completing your application :rofl:willy

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I liked how on Question 2 of the Application it said... Do you own a Ford Electric Bike... if yes go to question 3... if no... thank you for completing your application :rofl:willy

You didn't read Question #2 correctly .. It says " Do you own a Ford Electric or a Ford Hybrid Vehicle? " . . I answered "Yes" My Ford GT burns Rubber and Gas "

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana

You misread it again Jerry. Question 3 was did you ride it and video it the first day. If no, cya.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
You misread it again Jerry. Question 3 was did you ride it and video it the first day. If no, cya.

Dang thing arrived on Friday just as we were getting on the road for Pebble Beach/Carmel. Some assembly required... And charging of the battery... Then on the road! Because of it's high speed, a helmet had to be ordered... Got love California!

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Dang thing arrived on Friday just as we were getting on the road for Pebble Beach/Carmel. Some assembly required... And charging of the battery... Then on the road! Because of it's high speed, a helmet had to be ordered... Got love California!

I keep watching out my front window for a Ford bike to go by, but have not seen it yet. Maybe it is just too fast! Enjoy!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Still waiting patiently.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Still waiting patiently.

That makes two of us:tap::tap:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Still waiting patiently.
Hey Bud, we missed you in Daytona !!

That makes two of us:tap::tap:

Go ahead and take the month off and go for a drive.. we'll let you know when it's time to sign up !! You should get one on mileage alone !! :biggrin

:pop:pop

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Don't trust him Jeff. He has taken the approach that this is war. :willy :lol

Vince H

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm thinking it will be in March... seems like a good month to make this happen. Time for all of us to go sell someone on buying another Ford or two while we wait for the opportunity to buy one ourselves!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Vince H

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm thinking it will be in March... seems like a good month to make this happen. Time for all of us to go sell someone on buying another Ford or two while we wait for the opportunity to buy one ourselves!

I half way expected today to be the day -- being first of the month -- with a month-long open enrollment period.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
My bet is that when the application finally appears no one will be here for a day or two. Too busy filling out applications.

Waiting......

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Vince H

snake oil sales are his current specialty, closely followed by Bull Crap remover.