Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Mustang Five oh

Long rumored, and leaked etc, is now "out of the bag"

Looks VERY stout.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/25/2011-ford-mustang-gt-and-5-0-liter-v8-unwrapped-early/

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Glad they decided to use 5.0 badges for those of us that cut our performance car teeth on the Fox Mustangs....

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/25/2011-ford-mustang-gt-and-5-0-liter-v8-unwrapped-early/

More detailed info:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/28/deep-dive-fords-all-new-5-0-v8/#continued

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Those badges bring back many memories. I had 3 Fox bodies when I was younger. Glad to see them back. The car should perform very well.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Very Cool but must they show a Red Car:bored

Frank is so going to jump on the band wagon:ack

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
Good new Ford Racing Has completed the install of first Supercharger delevopment kit.
For the 2011 5.0 GT Mustang, it features a Whipple blower with Gt500 TB.
Intake Manf.,CAK & intercooler system are from Roush PP.
All every OEM looking in Quility & Package clearances.
We are Targeting a 60 day after job 1 with the kits.
We installed the first S/C kit on a black car

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
What about new 5.0 head and cam packages? Is ford racing working on these as well? With this new mustang gt it can be a track star(such as the 00r) without the added weight of blower/intercooler and the heat soak that comes from s/c applications.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thread merge.

I have merged these two 5.0 threads.

Chip

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
This 5.0 is the base for the new 302BOSS-R the new version of the Koni & Challenge Cars.
They have a high rise intake manifold and a complete Crate version planned from the ground up.
All the way to different rods and pistons.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good new Ford Racing Has completed the install of first Supercharger delevopment kit.
For the 2011 5.0 GT Mustang, it features a Whipple blower with Gt500 TB.
Intake Manf.,CAK & intercooler system are from Roush PP.
All every OEM looking in Quility & Package clearances.
We are Targeting a 60 day after job 1 with the kits.
We installed the first S/C kit on a black car

I'm not questioning the accuracy of your information, but that surprises me since I understand the new 5 liter lacks forged rods and has high compression, both of which would tend to make it an unlikely candidate for a factory recommended supercharger. In any event, with its lighter weight the new GT should give a stock '07-'09 GT500 fits on the street.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
So.....I hear you're pretty fast.

I'm not questioning the accuracy of your information, but that surprises me since I understand the new 5 liter lacks forged rods and has high compression, both of which would tend to make it an unlikely candidate for a factory recommended supercharger. In any event, with its lighter weight the new GT should give a stock '07-'09 GT500 fits on the street.

Sinovac,

This new 5.0, 4 valve, all aluninum, V-8 is going to be off the charts. The current 4.6, 3 valve motor has high compression and cast rods and it loves to be supercharged. I own a 2009 GT500 and my 2007 4.6 Mustang with a Ford Racing Whipple Supercharger is quite a bit quicker tham it's GT500 big brother. Reliability of the 4.6 with the 500HP Whipple was so good that Ford Racing bumped it to 550HP. Still with outstanding reliability. I have been running mine for three years now and it has been faultless. The 4.6 Mustang handles better than my 5.4 Shelby as well.

The current Mustang runs virtually heads up with the V-8 Camaro although it has about 100 less HP. The new 5.0 with 419 HP before supercharging will make it a giant killer with a Whipple bolted on.

Chip

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
The current Mustang runs virtually heads up with the V-8 Camaro although it has about 100 less HP. The new 5.0 with 419 HP before supercharging will make it a giant killer with a Whipple bolted on.

That new intake manifold is so pretty, it almost seems sacrilegious to rip it off and pop a blower on there. That's the GT500's job. :biggrin

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
I am still thinking 450-500 rwhp n/a at 3400lbs!!:thumbsup:banana Add some power drop some weight and it will be one hell of a track star!!!:cheers

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Recently renamed, "Continental Tire Sports Car Series" No more Koni

Koni & Challenge Cars.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
Both of your statements are correct.This is a development S/C kit to see were we can go with the new factory pistons and rods combo. The same block with Different pistons and rods come off the same line at Essex for The PDV Falon in Oz currently & it's SC.
FRPP went with the traditional blower on top look for Mustang, FPV/Prodrive hung it upside down in the valley for there 5.0L appl.
We'll start at low bust 4-6 and see what happens from there.
Same as we did on the 4.6L 3v and yes it's a great combination FRPP hit a homerun there.
We will take it all the way and blow thing's up or run'em till they break.
Got to find any loose links.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Boss 302 in 2012 according to several sources. I'm ready to write a check now !!!!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ford does a wonderful job of supporting the Mustang with go fast parts and I appreciate the fact the parts are extensively tested and validated. I am constantly amazed at the performance gains with simple bolt on parts that have no adverse impact on reliability or driveability. I've got about 550 rwhp on my GT500 from some simple mods with no issues whatsoever. Remember the effort it took 20 years ago to extract that type of power from a motor?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Boss 302 in 2012 according to several sources. I'm ready to write a check now !!!!!

What are the details on the motor?

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
What are the details on the motor?

All I know is what is on this thread about the motor. There are several boss forums that all point to a 2012 car. There are no pics or engine specs yet. Hopefully they will add a few more hp in the boss. This horsepower ripple effect will hopefully continue on to the Shelby next year.

DataDale

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 21, 2007
Dearborn Hgts.
Keep that pen & check book handy.
I'm thinking your next car will be reveiled at Detroit 2010 NAIAS.
Wish I could say more, But it's only a few days.