Odd Speedometer Behavior

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
So far 25000 miles and the fix worked. Knock on wood but they all work. Maybe driving the car helps.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
So far 25000 miles and the fix worked. Knock on wood but they all work. Maybe driving the car helps.

Not according to Ed Sims. He drives a lot and has lost 3 to 4 gauges!

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
I'm past 15k so mine is driven. Don't think that helps. I am also on my 3rd battery and keep it on the charger. That doesn't help. I'm not a fan of the speed hut option. The tach is my main issue. It's the price of admission?

Otis

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
All the current recalls by GM and Ford! I appreciate temporary fix of the smaller gauges(at our cost)! However does not include larger tach and speedo which will eventually go on all cars and replacing with same faulty gauges? I am going to speedhuts; next winter project! I tend to think if the car was built in larger numbers a safety concern would have been raised and a recall with proper fix! But I guess this is the price of exclusivity!!

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
While I appreciate the SpeedHut option, I haven't seen any that look close to the originals. Even something as simple as having the numbers outside the tick marks instead of inside. Maybe close to OEM can be done...just have not seen it.

I have seen this by someone here, so it can be done....the numbers outside. I think Ford's treatment here is despicable....not sure how they're even getting away with it. Some lawyers gonna get ahold of this. I lost the tach, and rather than pay a crazy-high price for another known defective product I opted for the SpeedHuts. They're pretty cool IMO......

Stock gauge appearance

While I appreciate the SpeedHut option, I haven't seen any that look close to the originals. Even something as simple as having the numbers outside the tick marks instead of inside. Maybe close to OEM can be done...just have not seen it. And, nothing can be done about the much smaller SpeedHut tach. If they won't make a flat bottom, then it has to be smaller.[/QUOTE]

How about these gauge faces? These are the ones in my car .... as close as I cared to have them made. I chose the shift light tach, but you can get one without the lights if you want.

Attachments

• InstrumentsSm.jpg
    InstrumentsSm.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 72