Number of Applications?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I was excited when I got my official letter regarding Ford GT. Too bad it wasn't about my allocation but a recall on the airbag on my 05

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Have 90 days passed just yet, since the application process ended?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Middle of August.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I was excited when I got my official letter regarding Ford GT. Too bad it wasn't about my allocation but a recall on the airbag on my 05

Oh that is classic! A cruel joke...

This is like waiting for college acceptances and then you get a unrelated brochure in the mail.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Nope ...

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
So as we all wait to hear from Ford on our applications and wonder whether the new GT is worth the wait or price. I visited the Peterson Auto Museum this weekend in LA and see the car first hand again and just say WOW. It is worth the wait and price. To bad this car is more of a mock-up without interior or drive train. Most everybody that walked by the NGT knew what the car was and those that didn't said this is a Ford! I've heard that statement many times with my car.

Attachments

• IMG_1383.jpg
    IMG_1383.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_1384.jpg
    IMG_1384.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I was just there last week. I'm pretty sure that's the same GT that was shown at the 2015 Chicago Auto show (without the drive-train). Very happy to hear there are only 6500 apps, pretty decent odds.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
From the "FORD GT APPLICATION PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS"

Ford is conducting the Program in connection with the upcoming introduction of the 2017 and 2018 Ford GT supercars (each a “GT” and collectively, “GTs”). Ford intends to manufacture very limited quantities of the GT and to make available via the Program a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) 2017 GTs and a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) 2018 GTs.

So if 250 per year maximum... Maybe the other 100 are for their other GT purchase/reward programs,
i.e.. Top Dealers/SpecialInterest/Designers,VP's/BOD etc.

Lets hope they all come to this program..

As for notification: Ford expects that Selected Applicants will be notified of their selection, using the e-mail information provided by the Selected Applicants in their applications, on or around July 2016.
Ford will send up to 5 e-mails over a 120 hour period following selection to contact the potential Selected Applicant. If the potential Selected Applicant does not respond to Ford’s e-mail during the 120 hour period in which he/she is contacted (no phone calls will be made, nor will messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems), the potential Selected Applicant will be excluded, at Ford’s discretion.

From May 13, Media release:" will start notifying potential owners in the next 90 days." I think they have started to notify some programs and the above program will be notified in July and the notifications will end on or about 12 Aug 16.

This is just how I read the above releases, which probably are completely incorrect.. But I'll be hoping and watching the emails this month. Good Luck everyone:)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Maybe the other 100 for each year are for other countries... And the 150 each year are for the US?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Ford will make between 150-242 GTs per year for us & the world.

Ed

PS We were told a carbon tub per workday is the max but things could happen to reduce that number. There are 252 workdays in a year & Canada has 10 national "public" holidays so there are 242 days available.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
That presumes, of course, that they are starting with a stock of zero carbon tubs...