Non-Mac Stereo tidbit

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just for those who wanted to know (the 100 of us that don't have the mac) the head unit on the cars currently be produced is the FXD-885GD. I don't know if this is the same unit that was being used previously, as the early manufacturer car I saw without the Mac had a Rockford Fosgate unit (though I believe Eclipse actually made that unit). The current one has no markings that indicate the producer on the faceplate. This head unit is made by.....?

15708.jpg

Sanyo. Looks good for a Sanyo though.

I'll post a pic in a minute. I'm resizing the photos I took today while I watched #1570 roll down the chassis line. Is it the same in yours Mr. Centerpunch?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Same as the one in mine 2006 (#1208). However, I'm not really a fan of the green display - especially at night when the rest of the interior looks so elegant with the white lighting. I suppose I won't keep this head unit for long - opting for something with MP3 and potentially NAV ability.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
nota4re said:
Same as the one in mine 2006 (#1208). However, I'm not really a fan of the green display - especially at night when the rest of the interior looks so elegant with the white lighting. I suppose I won't keep this head unit for long - opting for something with MP3 and potentially NAV ability.

I noticed the green looking on the net. Ugh. Then again, I probably won't use the stereo much with the "other" stereo right behind the ear. I hate aftermarket stereos for the most part though, so I'll probably leave it alone...