New type of radar detector mount

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Ed

The oem wiring on my car is such that the oem black wire is plugged into the far side hole at the driver side of the plug, as such, I plugged the red wire into the far side hole at the passenger side. Voila, every works!

If you are talking about " some other holes...", then, I'm way off base...;)

GTED

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed

The oem wiring on my car is such that the oem black wire is plugged into the far side hole at the driver side of the plug, as such, I plugged the red wire into the far side hole at the passenger side. Voila, every works!

If you are talking about " some other holes...", then, I'm way off base...;)

GTED

I tried to be cautious with my wording as I knew someone would misconstrue the "putting plugs into holes" as something entirely different:lol

But you used far hole on the driver's side? SSRob just sent me a pic of his setup and he uses the second to last hole on the driver's side for the black tap. I assume you can use either??

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
The farthest hole near drivers side on my connector is empty.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Ed

I simply insert the kit's black wire into the same port as where the oem black wire goes, under the presumption that it wouldn't go wrong, and it didn't.

GTED

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed

I simply insert the kit's black wire into the same port as where the oem black wire goes, under the presumption that it wouldn't go wrong, and it didn't.

GTED

Thanks Ed. Car is washed and under cover after putting a 1000 miles on it last week. I'll take a look at it this weekend when I get a chance. Will be great to finally get rid of that dangling phone cord.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Another cheap solution for the V1: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111160330401?lpid=82 Fused, flat cord. Works.

To reiterate (since I found this thread a bit confusing), there are 7 holes in the mirror connector. Black plugs into #2 hole from left (driver). Red plugs into #7 hole from left.

#2, #6 and #7 holes have the OEM map light harness plugged in. OEM wires are all black, so you can't tell by color unless you unplug them, which is awkward.

Last edited: