New Twin Turbo build

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I shift my mile car at 8400 rpm and can turn it higher if need be. When we cross the mile marker in 5th the car is about at 8600 when we let out. The car build looks nice and the folks at nth moto seem to do great work. Now depending on how much power they make and who built the motor will show how long the motor lives. Good luck to them on a great build!!!!

Mark H

8600....wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
That's all due to those great engine builds by none other than John Mihovetz with AccuFab Racing..... John actually shifts his drag car upwards of 10K and we run pretty much the same motor he does in the mile car just 3 more times the distance. He says we could shift it higher but he has some concerns over that long of a period so we try to keep it at 8400rpm, but when the finish line is fast approaching, no need to grab another gear... Just hold on.....

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
That's all due to those great engine builds by none other than John Mihovetz with AccuFab Racing..... John actually shifts his drag car upwards of 10K and we run pretty much the same motor he does in the mile car just 3 more times the distance. He says we could shift it higher but he has some concerns over that long of a period so we try to keep it at 8400rpm, but when the finish line is fast approaching, no need to grab another gear... Just hold on.....

Mark, so have ya'll built any just fun "street" TT GTs that have 8000+ redlines. Sounds like that would make for a fun street car. I have not seen any videos of Mullet's Gold TT besides the one yall did. I'd love see more of that car.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Amazing stuff. He built donnymac's flag car engine. I'm inclined to pay the price just for the sound of it. Has to be on anyone's list of the best sounding engines. Ever.

Oh, Ed Sims too. I had the privilege of being intoxicated by his hydrocarbons on long drives pre and post rally 8.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
if i remember correctly the intake looks like the one that underground was developing for a ford GT a while back. but definitely looks like a clean build.

It does look very similar just with dual throttle bodies. Will be interesting to see how it performs.

S-351

Feb 13, 2012
This twin turbo setup is a new top to bottom build by Nth Moto.

Nth Moto fabricated the large turbo equal length turbo manifolds with individual O2s per cylinder. They used Inconel heat shielding on all of the headers, turbos, and exhaust parts as opposed to the common wrap. The intake manifold is an all billet CNC machined piece they designed from scratch with adjustable plenum volume and adjustable runners. The intercoolers also have billet CNC tanks they built specifically for high flow and efficiency. Everything is run by an AEM Infinity ECU they wired in-house that also has adjustable traction control and power level control on the fly.

I don't know the specific details about the engine design, but I know Aaron worked with John Mihovetz directly on it. The engine is a no expense spared real deal Accufab race piece running on ethanol.

Best part about this build aside from all the specs and attention to detail is the sound. It's unreal!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
tell them to bring it to the rally

FRC

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2014
KY
It does look very similar just with dual throttle bodies. Will be interesting to see how it performs.
I ended up with the UGR twin turbo kit and had planned on installing it on my car but after seeing this Nth Moto build I may go a different direction. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Nth Moto built car performs.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Anyone know how the car ran in Oregon this weekend?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Best part about this build aside from all the specs and attention to detail is the sound. It's unreal!

The sound of a built engine at idle & under power is fantastic. I have an Accufab built engine & the sound is glorious.

Ed

S-351

Feb 13, 2012
Something in the stock transmission broke and they couldn't complete a full 1-4 gear pass. They were still able to run 191 MPH that way on a low power setting and first test outing. That car is going to be so extremely fast and the reality is that any of us could drive it - it's not an all out race car.

191 skipping gears on low boost is pretty awesome!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I messaged Aaron and ask why the car crapped out... This was his response:

Unfortunately, the transmission had prior synchronizer and/or cable issues that got worse with more attempted high RPM shifts during the event. We'll be analyzing those theories shortly. In addition to that the clutch started to get sticky so we have something to look at there as well in the quad configuration. The latter of those two will be a simple adjustment to the prototype design with the transmission itself being a larger obstacle - but manageable nonetheless. Our intent is to look into a workaround for the lack of parts available for the Ricardo gearbox to potentially help more than just this project. There are different gearset options with an emphasis on a sequential layout but for the time being the owner and myself would love to see this stay in a traditional H pattern arrangement to keep the thrill in the experience.

With all that though, the fact that it went 191 MPH already with almost three full seconds of run time spent trying to shift gears (not the driver's fault in the least) is incredibly impressive! Especially when you consider how much more power the car has to be thrown at it if need be. Even more impressive to me and the owner was the ability and confidence to use 100% throttle in the first two gears because of how smooth the power curve and dialed the traction control system was. That is (as you know from your Viper!) an incredibly empowering feeling for him that will almost certainly raise the desire for even more speed and power.

We'll sort out the transmission quickly and get it out again for some runs - based on the data I think the car will go 205-208 at this power level which is just fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'd be interested in their transmission solutions. There will always be the next weak link in the chain but when you are throwning down that much power, shifting as fast as you can... things are bound to get dicey with the synchros. I do like their interior work. The center channel knobs got my attention a while back.

I can't say I'm surprised about a strong reaction to not getting the new GT allocation. We all have a love for this car and a desire to have the new iteration. Strong emotions always beget strong reactions. His reaction just got more attention than mine. I'm sure the people at Home Depot thought about calling the cops on me as I read the rejection email on my phone. :(