Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
More Pics Pt 4

IMG_0555.jpgIMG_0559.jpgIMG_0562.jpgIMG_0564.jpg

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oh yeah, this is absolutely the trailer to get. If anyone ever has a used one they want to sell please contact me.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Hopefully all the pictures will help with questions about door clearence/access. I judge that I have about 1.5 to 2.5 in. of clearence between the bottom of my door and the top of side door sill. My car is lowered some and still no problem opening the doors. A request was made for a build sheet on my Trailex trailer and my trailer is as follows:

CTE-84180 Trailex Enclosed Trailer
10-306 Grey Skin Color
10-306 Warn Elec. Winch on Raised Platform
T79080 Wireless Winch Control
1841TR Tire Rack
1741RABL Recessed Alum. Floor Box
10-037 14" Alum Wheels in place of painted
CTAETJLJ Atwood Elec. Tongue Jakc w/light
1841ADSD Additional Awning Door on curb side
10-041 Battery mounted in vented box
3214 Spare 14" Alum Wheel
5-218 Spare Tire Carrier
10-056 27"X60X Front Doors
18416HB 6" Higher Box
463004 MAC'S Billet Alum D-Ring X 4

The MAC'S Versatrack was provide by MAC'S and installed by Trailex using guidence/insturctions from MAC'S on proper placement and securing. Custom wheel nets were made by MAC'S to fit my BBS factory wheels and Bridgestone tires. The Trailex comes with a standard 11' alum. ramp, but since my car is lowered I decided to add a pair of Race Ramps (BTI-RR-TR-5through Summit Racing). The front splitter doesn't rub with this setup, but I did have a problem with the bottom rubbing when front wheels were on the trailer and the rear were on the ramp. I decided to build a board to raise the ramp up a couple of more inches and that has fixed my rubbing. One thing I didn't do when I first loaded the car onto was to make sure and raise the trailer tongue up (still attached to my truck) to lower to backside of the trailer. If I were to do again on the Race Ramps I would order the RR-TR-7 models which give you an additional 1.5 inch in ramp lift. RR-TR-8xl might also work, but the approach angle is increased for these and might rub the front splitter.

I ordered my Trailex Trailer through Henderson Motorsports out of Cincinnati, OH. Jason Henderson helped me configure/order the trailer and helped with the design/placement for the MAC'S Versatie Track system. Since he is a racer I felt he would know the needs for hauling a car like the Ford GT. I would give Jason and Henderson Motorsports two thumbs up and if anyone wants to talk about a trailer setup to give them a call.

Henderson Motorsports, LLC
4525 Bells Lane, Suite 139
Cincinnati, OH 45244

Phone: 1.800.937.5965
info@hendersonmotorsports.com

http://www.hendersonmotorsports.com/index.htm

Trailex Trailers

http://www.trailex.com/Literature/Trailex_EnclosedSportsCar_Broch_HI.pdf

Magic

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for posting all that data, looks like you did it manually, Thanks!

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Great post and super clean setup. Music to the ears and art to the eyes of any true car guy. Especially admire the Macs wheel nets and v track. Well done sir!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Great post and super clean setup. Music to the ears and art to the eyes of any true car guy. Especially admire the Macs wheel nets and v track. Well done sir!

I agree the whole set up looks great. Nice post and photos. I will have to check it out later this week!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Thnx for posting. I could def see getting one of those no matter what I am pulling.
Does anyone make a trailer where the "floor" is above the wheel wells for added width?
Or has that been tried and it messes with weight relative to "top-heaviness ?"

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
One additional point of interest is these trailers retain a very high value with insurance companies. Mine was 6 years old and had a loss value of more than $16,000 with State Farm.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Can someone post the web site link for them? What is the lead time?

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Can someone post the web site link for them? What is the lead time?

Trailex Trailers - Builder of trailer
http://www.trailex.com

Henderson Motorsports - Jason Henderson helped with the tiedown design.
http://www.hendersonmotorsports.com

Macs Tiedowns- Custom designed versatrac tiedown system and custom designed wheel nets to fit my tires/wheels. Advised Trailex on how to properly install versatrac system to insure secure tiedown setup.
http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com

Hope this helps. :driving: