New Trailex Trailer

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
This will be my first Rally where I will not have had a long haul truck deliver my car to the event. Decided this year to go the route of towing it myself. Ordered a custom made 2012 Trailex trailer through Henderson Motorsports which includes a custom made MAC wheel nets and custom installed MAC "A" track tie down system. This will be my first trip with car in the trailer. :rofl :rofl

If anyone wants to take a look at this setup for the GT, it will be parked out at the track area during the Rally and I'll be glad to let anyone look it over.

Magic

IMG_0430.jpgIMG_0366.jpgIMG_0380.jpgIMG_0413.jpgIMG_0414.jpg

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
More Pics

IMG_0415.jpgIMG_0420.jpgIMG_0423.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nice rig! That's a big blank canvas for a cool wrap.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good truck color.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
When the gt isn't in it you could have a hot dog stand :)

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
When the gt isn't in it you could have a hot dog stand :)

:rofl no mustard please

nice trailer!

Last edited:

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hey Magic
Wow what a fine GT trailer, very impressive and I look forward to checking it out

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How about ingress and egress? I like the height. But is there enough room to open the door and get out or do you winch it in?

How much and where?

I'm looking for a trailer between now and next spring.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
It looks like a drive in and open the door deal, so why the winch?

ooops, on review, looks like the sides are a bit high to open the door (unless you raised the floor).
or maybe you really are a hotdog vendor.

Last edited:

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Best trailer for the Ford GT and many of us own them.. Made for a GT.oo

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
That's cool. I wish I had the swing out doors on both sides like yours.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
It looks like a drive in and open the door deal, so why the winch?

ooops, on review, looks like the sides are a bit high to open the door (unless you raised the floor).
or maybe you really are a hotdog vendor.

Gentlemen,

You can open the door all the way and get in and out. These trailers are custom made for the GT. There is not a lot of excess room between the wheel wells so I drive the GT out of the trailer but I winch it in to be sure I don't ding my front wheels.

Chip

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm like Chip I drive the GT out which is easy but winch in because if you don't have someone guiding you in you could cut your tire on the wheel wells as there is only a small amount of room between tire and well. If you put a block of wood under the front trailer wheel and crank the front of the trailer up (while attached to tow vehicle) you don't even have to start the GT just roll it out. When wenching in be sure to use a block of wood behind a rear wheel when unhooking wench cable with front of trailer raised. Very easy just be careful.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Magic,

can you scan and post your build sheet. I would like to order one like yours as soon as the economy turns.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Gentlemen,

You can open the door all the way and get in and out. These trailers are custom made for the GT. There is not a lot of excess room between the wheel wells so I drive the GT out of the trailer but I winch it in to be sure I don't ding my front wheels.

Chip

Very nice. Thanks for clearing that up.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
You'll love it! I have two, one enclosed like yours and an open version. We will have the enclosed at the rally to support our transporter. Be safe!

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
Whats the price range on these?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Whats the price range on these?

Around 17 or so 'base' last I heard (enclosed, side doors, etc.) for a FGT size unit.

Last edited:

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Love the hole set up. Can’t wait to see you and the family and the TRAILER at the rally.
Glad all those years overseas didn’t make you think you had to use camels power to get around.

Horse power baby. Nice set up.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Ready for Rally VII

More pics with my car loaded onto the trailer. Using MAC'S Versatrack tiedown system and custom made wheel nets by MAC'S too.

IMG_0535.jpgIMG_0537.jpgIMG_0539.jpgIMG_0541.jpgIMG_0544.jpg