New to my garage:

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Long ago, I told our famous hand model that someday I hope to own an Ultima GTR. Well, if finally happened (about a year ago actually but didn't think to inform this august group).
It has an LS7 engine with no cats, updated ECU program, hand-made intake and exhaust system;
All that is bolted to a G50 6-speed from a 993, although not rated for the power of the LS7 most Ultima LS builders (which is most Ultimas) use the G50 with no problems (but it sure would be nice with a Ricardo box in it);
Lots of upgrades from the factory spec not the least of which is an enhanced A/C system to handle the California heat. Remember, the windows don't open and the kit designers come from the U.K. where, as you can see from the Olympics, they don't have much summer heat. This car was built in Tampa FL and run/raced there before I bought it. It's quite comfy.
So, 2100 pounds, 575 HP. I hate to say it but the FGT seems just a bit pokey :) (just kidding).
BTW, it took quite a bit of effort to register the car here in CA. Done as an SP100, amazingly there were available number (CA allows only 500 such registrations per year - typically for kit cars - and most years they run out early in January. However they had about 100 left as of last October for 2011) the process required visits to the DMV, CA Highway Patrol, smog referee (2x's), no need for brake and light because it was previously registered in FL, and back to DMV. Plates came early Feb. Would I do it again? Just look at the photo.
To wit:
DSCN0259.jpg
B

Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
How about a Mendeola gearbox?

John

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Wauw an amazing thing and the better engine for it. I think with a sequential gearbox it would be even more fun.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
How about a Mendeola gearbox?

John

I've heard reference to the Mendeola transaxle but don't have that much info on it. Their site isn't very clear, and seems oriented to off-road/sand vehicles. I believe it shows up in the FF GTM much more than in the Ultima though I don't know why. Do you know much about it (naive question)? Is it a sequential box that can be used on the street?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
wow, CA plates - cool!

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I have always wanted one of those! very nice!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Puuuuuuuuurdy!

How's the rear end traction compaired to the FGT, Rick?

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I've heard reference to the Mendeola transaxle but don't have that much info on it. Their site isn't very clear, and seems oriented to off-road/sand vehicles. I believe it shows up in the FF GTM much more than in the Ultima though I don't know why. Do you know much about it (naive question)? Is it a sequential box that can be used on the street?
http://mendeolapowertrain.com/files/MendeolaPowertrain-web.pdf
Here are the particulars on the Mendeola SDR-5. Should tell you everything you need to know.

John