Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
We now have ~40 sets of rears in stock and can be ordered here: REAR Gas Struts

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
if we originally had an order in should we reorder? Thanks.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Derry. We had 20 owners order the front and rear sets awhile back. When we realized the rears were delayed, we refunded the cost of the rears and we went ahead and shipped the fronts. I also attempted to keep a list of all these folks. When the rear kits became available (Monday), I sent a Paypal invoice to this list of owners so they wouldn't have to go on-line and order. Most replied and we shipped out the rears to them. However, I think there are several cases when the PayPal invoice email is blocked as spam. The bottom line is that if you didn't receive an email invoice, please re-order. Alternatively, you can PM me you email and I can send an invoice.

Current status:
Rears: About 40 pairs in-stock
Fronts: Expected in-stock on June 24

All of our inventory has a fresh-made date code of Feb 2020 or later.

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
We now have ~40 sets of rears in stock and can be ordered here: REAR Gas Struts
Thank you Kendall and Ryan for the TLC of my car as always. Both the fronts and rears work like a charm. 👍🏻👌🏻🙏🏻

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Ordered. Thanks!

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
PM sent, thanks!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
(re)Ordered! Thanks!

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Both sets are installed, it's strange how happy I am now that the front and rear of my car are working properly. Instructions were clear as a bell.

Thank you Kendall.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thanks for feedback, Chris and others. Note that the fronts are purely "plug and play". They're made better than the OEMs and they incorporate steel rather than plastic ball socket connectors. They are charged to the same psi as OEM. You'll be surprised how much you've missed the correct operation!

The rears have been trickier. Like the fronts, they incorporate steel ball socket connectors, replacing the OEM plastic connectors. The actual piston rod is fractionally larger/heavier-duty than the OEM rod at just over 8mm in diameter. (The lighter-duty front struts use a 6mm rod.) Anyway, no one in the gas strut industry combines a small-ish 8mm ball socket at the end of a stout 8mm dia heavy duty rod. The standard is a 10mm. As such, the rear kits that we are shipping incorporate a 10mm ball stud bracket to allow you to swap the OEM 8mm ball on the GT to a stronger 10mm ball. (The OEM ball is in a nutsert and un-threads quite easily and we re-use this same nutsert to attach the new 10mm ball.)

The net is that changing out the rears will take you a couple of minutes longer than the fronts and we'd recommend having a friend hold the clamshell as you facilitate the swap.

Reactions: GEE-TEE

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Reordered, all set. Thanks.

Mr.Charger

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2019
Germany, Hamburg
Hi Kendall,
do yo have any chance o ship to Germany as well ?I have my 2006 GT fora few weeks now and the rear struts don’t work properly. Have to check the fronts again but I think they were ok. But as I will keep this baby for lifetime maybe I will stock a backup ....
Greetings
Holger

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Mr. Charger. Sure, we can ship to Germany. We have the rears in stock and expecting a replenishment of the front (and more rears!) this week. Please send me an email at kpond@sbcglobal.net and we can work out the details!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Got these installed. Just like the rest of Kendalls work/products they are top notch!

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Still available? My fronts just went bad.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Still available? My fronts just went bad.

Yes, plenty of stock for front and rears. Click HERE.

Reactions: Cadster

Cadster

GT Owner
May 21, 2017
Yes, plenty of stock for front and rears. Click HERE.

Awesome...thanks! Order placed.

Last edited:

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Note for those on the "fence", I got the front and rear struts, and the fronts were so easy, I had no difficulty installing. The rears were a bit more difficult, only because I had a problem removing one of the mounting pieces, and once that was accomplished, it was no problem. So, if I can do it, with absolutely no mechanical skills what so ever, you can do it!!!

Reactions: Cadster

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Excellent upgrade

faviogt

Jun 1, 2021
someone has the cell for kendall to order the front gas struts for for gt 2005, i just try to order them from cool tech but they do not specified if the price on the web$ $99.00 is for the pair or only one and they do not have a phone # to call them.