New Source for Clamshell & Bonnet Gas Struts

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Rears are several weeks away. I didn't want to keep people waiting so we shipped fronts to everyone who ordered. Also, for us, it is just piece of mind not to have a debt - so we refunded everyone for the rears. We've kept a list. As soon as rears are available we will send an invoice to you electronically - no need to go back through the website.
please count me in on the rear struts!

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I'm waiting for my package to arrive from Kendall which includes front struts among a few other goodies. Can't wait to get them installed.

QSS

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Please place me on the list for both front and rear sets when next batch available.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I'd like a set of rears please.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Kendall, what info would you like from us when we are interested? Thanks!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi all. I'm looking to have rears in stock in about 10 days from now. I'll put a posting up as soon as they are available with a link for ordering!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks put fronts on and nice product

GEE-TEE

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 1, 2009
Calabasas, California
Hi all. I'm looking to have rears in stock in about 10 days from now. I'll put a posting up as soon as they are available with a link for ordering!
The front ones you put on are perfect. Please save me a pair of rear ones as my car needs to come in for a check up soon.👌🏻💪🏻

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Looks like I do t check in often enough. Are they all gone? If making a list for another batch please include me. Thx

mikeh2

May 2, 2020
UPDATE: April 5, 2020

Hello ALL - Thanks every one for their patience.

The replacement gas struts for the FRONT bonnet are now in stock and shipping. Link to Front Gas Struts. As many/most of you are aware, these have not been available from Ford for quite some time now. For ALL of you who placed orders for the Front & Rear struts, we are shipping your front struts on Monday. You should have received shipping/tracking info already. We have refunded the price of the rear struts as we expect that we will not have those available for ~4-6 weeks. We have kept all of your information and as soon as we have the rear struts, we will contact you for ordering. You will not need to go back through the website.

We are working with Stabilus in Germany in order to have a superior-than-OEM solution available in the coming weeks.

All - I am about to pull the trigger in making a non-trivial investment to purchase a quantity of both front and rear gas replacement struts for the GT. As many of you know, these gas springs have a finite life and most of the cars that are coming through our shop are in need of replacements.

The rear replacements have been available through Ford - but like all GT parts you have to go through the whole ordering fiasco which includes providing them a copy of a current registration, etc. The process makes it virtually impossible for us to inventory these (just as we would like to inventory oil pump belts). Anyway, when the rear struts arrive they are typically in a wax paper like sealed package - and clearly the new springs show signs of leaking as the paper is often oil-stained upon arrival. We've had a couple of cases where we have returned the new struts because they were already too weak - just out of the package.

The story on the front bonnet struts is worse. They have not been available from Ford for the past several weeks and the latest projection is February - but no one seems to have a lot of confidence in that date.

So, we can have exact fitment gas struts manufactured - same extended length, same retracted length, same connectors, and identical OEM pressures. Price would be similar to the wholesale price through Ford (~$35ea) - but available fresh stock and easily order-able from our website.

Pricing is $79 per pair - either fronts or rears... $158 for all 4.

March 29 Update: Online ordering is available. Shipments will start on March 31.

IMPORTANT!! Please, when ordering, please include your forum name in your shipping info!! I want to make sure that the people in the list below have an opportunity to order and get their shipment from this first batch. If I don't have your forum name or it's not on this initial list, we will wait at least 1-week to see if we have product remaining to fulfill your order.

Please click the link HERE to order.

Interest List:

06Fordgt: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
2112: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
33Bravo: Front, Rear
analogdesigner: Front, Rear
BAT: Front, Rear
B.M.F.: Front, Rear
BCF: Front, Rear
BrianBates: Front, Rear
ByeEnzo: Front, Rear
centerpunch: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
Derry: Front, Rear
dtomasso1: Front, Rear
fecarman: Front, Rear
FlagstaffGT: Front, Rear
FourFather: Front
Gary: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
Gene Cassone: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
GKW05GT: Front, Rear
GreyGhost: Front
GT35065: Front, Rear
GTED: Front, Rear
GTinTN: Front, Rear
GTMD: Front, Rear
GTNJ: Front, Rear
Jaxgt: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
Jazz76: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
Johntpr: Front, Rear
Kingman: Front, Rear
Lewishou: Front, Rear
MAD IN NC: Front, Rear
mmlcobra: Front, Rear
Mule Air: Front, Rear
nautoncall: Front, Rear
Not4N: Front, Rear
PlaneCrazy: Front, Rear
Propdave: Front, Rear
QuickSilverShelby: Front
RickMustang: Front, Rear
rocketman: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
Spaceman: Front, Rear
SteveA: Front, Rear
Steved57: Front, Rear
TOAWSUM: Front, Rear
Tomcat: Front, Rear
Vincent998: Front
zach05855: Front, Rear

***** 46 Owners above this line **** Only a couple expressed interest in more than one set, so we can fulfill these orders in Batch 1***

andymlow: Front, Rear
jammer: Front *PURCHASED*
jr66: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
Kpgarage: Front, Rear
sr71: Front, Rear *PURCHASED*
Tiago: Front, Rear
mikeh; front

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I installed my fronts this past weekend. Super easy to do and what a difference.

Thanks Kendall.

QSS

afirebrand

Nov 4, 2019
Coudersport, PA
Please reserve me 2 each of both front and rear. afirebrand. thx

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Paid for fronts on your website. Thanks, AC

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
PayPalled you for 2 front sets.......if you have them.

Also need 2 rear sets, if available.

ThanksDM

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Prompt shipping. Thanks!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Order placed and will watch for when rears are in stock. Thank you

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
PayPalled you for 2 front sets.......if you have them.

Also need 2 rear sets, if available.

ThanksDM

Ordered Monday and arrived today, Friday.

Thank you sir.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
My order was placed Monday late and delivered yesterday. Great service! Thank you

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Kendall sent you a pm.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The fronts are excellent ! Can't wait for the rears!
Sounds like dirty talk!LOL