New Owner - greetings from Marblehead, OHIO!

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
After debating about buying at GT for 15 years, I finally pulled the trigger and bought #1176 - a 2005, four option, white/blue stripe car. Chris Desneux found the car for me and we had a deal in about a week. I was also able to get a set of the standard wheels (my preference) with fairly new rubber on them... he took the old tires off the optional rims and sent those up along with the car. He also did an oil change for me - great guy to work with.

The car was delivered last Tuesday and after parting with a fair chunk of change to get it titled and registered in Ohio, I had the car on the road. My wife and I were both surprised at how "normal" the car is in comfort, engine/exhaust noise (music?), clutch, road handling, etc. On the highway it really comes to life!

Already put 400+ miles on it on trips around Marblehead and Catawba Island, OH... been going out a little farther on the highways as my trust in a 15 year old car grows.

Amazing car; nothing but smiles when driving it.

Now I'm starting down the path of what seems to be the normal GT "stuff"; bad water temp gauge (ODB2 shows water temp at about 175 degrees) and the challenges of finding a suitable oil pump belt. Contacted Zach at AutoMeter (found his name on this site) but no response yet... also looking at Speedhut.
I did source a 2010 belt and for comparison a new Continental belt, but not sure what to do yet.

Also looking into a 4 post lift - leading contender is BendPak.

The GT will be sharing space with my 2016 GT350 and a 2017 Revology replica 1966 GT350.

Glad to be here!

Dan

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Welcome! The fun has just begun! 15 years later, car still put a smile on my face!

Reactions: roketman

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Welcome! I'm new too, having just bought mine 7/29 and rcvd it 8/26 after maintenance work was performed. How many miles ya got? And let's see some pix! (y) 🍻 :cool:

Reactions: JWZ

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Congratulations on the new car (and GREAT color combo!) - I don't think you'll ever regret it! Certainly been my best, most fun car, hands down.

If you're having small gauge problems, go with the Autometers; I've had both and there are too many compromises - for me - with the Speedhut's. There are several thread's on the subject here on THE forum.

Welcome!!!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Welcome!!! You got the best and fastest color!!! All my gages were working, so I had the GTGuys pull them, and put in the Speedhuts, and I put the OEM's away, for my estate to deal with. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: extrap

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
The car had 1048 miles on it when delivered... will probably put 2500-3000 miles on it per year - in line with the other cars.

So I'm probably killing the value of it by piling on miles; I have a perfectly unblemished record of losing money on every car and boat I've owned - but I've always had fun!

Can't figure out how to post pics, on the insert image link all I can use is a URL?

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I made this for posting pix ... see if it helps:

Unless you're lacking the appropriate permission / status, which is possible since I had that issue in the beginning, you should be able to 1) click the "Insert image" button and either 2a) upload a pic from you're computer or 2b) paste in a link to a pic that's hosted elsewhere on the 'net. Both options are under that same Insert image button.

post-pix-png.61291

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The car had 1048 miles on it when delivered... will probably put 2500-3000 miles on it per year - in line with the other cars.

Great (y)

So I'm probably killing the value of it by piling on miles; I have a perfectly unblemished record of losing money on every car and boat I've owned - but I've always had fun!

Same here .. oh well, whatteryagonnado. Oh! I know! Drive on and enjoy the hell out of it :cool: 🏎

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It never gets old or boring!
Perhaps the greatest car ever made!
Enjoy!!

Reactions: jammer and RPM217

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
It never gets old or boring!
Perhaps the greatest car ever made!
Enjoy!!

The more I experience and enjoy it, and the more I read and learn about other cars, I'm coming to that conclusion too. What other car could an argument be made for? :unsure: :cool:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I can’t believe you from Marblehead!
They named that town after my brother!

Reactions: extrap

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congratulations! Enjoy her! Beware of cold tires on cold pavement!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The more I experience and enjoy it, and the more I read and learn about other cars, I'm coming to that conclusion too. What other car could an argument be made for? :unsure: :cool:
I have 55k on mine. It is simply stunning every time I open the Garage!
You will find people thanking you for driving it!
Make sure you have current (within 3-4years) build dates on your tires!

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Congrats, and welcome!

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Welcome to the forum Dan. You wont regret buying the GT. It will put a smile on your face every time you get in. GT350s must be fun too.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Just got approved today to join the forum, so it's probably a permissions issue... all I have is the URL option.

I've gotten used to coming out of the grocery store with people wanting to talk about my 66 - lesson learned; don't buy anything that can melt because I may be talking cars for a looonngg time. I think it's going to be even longer with the GT!

The Revology replica is great - I've had a couple original 66's; one was a Hertz. Among other "improvements" (depending on your point of view), the Revology has a 5.0 Coyote w/6 speed tremec - best of both worlds - the look of the 66 with a modern drivetrain, brand new sheet metal, revised suspension, etc.

Roketman - I thought they named Marblehead after my cousin - maybe we're related!

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL

... Revology has a 5.0 Coyote w/6 speed tremec - best of both worlds - the look of the 66 with a modern drivetrain, brand new sheet metal, revised suspension, etc.

Hey, that's kinda what you got with the GT (y) ... well, a little bigger motor ... and a blower :cool:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just got approved today to join the forum, so it's probably a permissions issue... all I have is the URL option.

I've gotten used to coming out of the grocery store with people wanting to talk about my 66 - lesson learned; don't buy anything that can melt because I may be talking cars for a looonngg time. I think it's going to be even longer with the GT!

The Revology replica is great - I've had a couple original 66's; one was a Hertz. Among other "improvements" (depending on your point of view), the Revology has a 5.0 Coyote w/6 speed tremec - best of both worlds - the look of the 66 with a modern drivetrain, brand new sheet metal, revised suspension, etc.

Roketman - I thought they named Marblehead after my cousin - maybe we're related!
Brothers from different mother’s!
Ford GT brothers now!!

Reactions: RPM217

Spaceman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 1, 2012
Central Texas
Congratulations, you will quickly forget the miles/ value question once you realize just how much fun the car is to drive.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome and enjoy safely as the temp goes down!
A note to RPM: You know that my car is way faster then yours!!!!!!!!!
Just saying.
Best,
Mark