New Member/Owner

asesso

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2016
Ocean City NJ
I recently purchased a 2006 Ford GT. The car is a white 4 option GT with 3706 miles on the odometer. I am trying to find out as much of its history as I can. The VIN is 1FAFP90S96Y401736. Any information on the history of this GT would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Art

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Welcome to the Forum... You're going to love the GT and all the information on the Forum. Great group of GT owners and of course all of the Ford team that visit here as well.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
CobraJeff is the one you want to talk to. Send him a PM. He is the registrar for Ford GT's for SAA C. You will need to become an owner/member on this forum to send a PM.

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Couldn't agree more. Tons of fun ahead of you.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Art -

Welcome to GT ownership and to The Ford GT Forum. Information I have on your car has been emailed to you.
Great friendships and miles of smiles ahead!

regards,

Jeff Burgy
SAAC Ford GT Registrar

New GT Card 2016 b.jpg

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Man that was fast. Ask and you shall receive here.

Congratulations on your FGT, maybe bring it to next month's OC cruise.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Welcome :)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

Be sure to read the "Ford GT - F.A.Qs" subforum in the "05-06 Ford GT Tech" Section. And consider becoming a "subscribing" member, which opens up some sections unavailable to the public.

:cheers

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to the best forum, greatest people & the world's most amazing car asesso! I hope to meet you at LeMans or the Rally!

Ed

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Be careful in second gear.

svtowner

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 2, 2006
Welcome.

Mid Aug 2006 build. One of the last few out the door.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Welcome!

Are you an architect?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Welcome!

Are you an architect?

Looks like he is a surgeon

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I recently purchased a 2006 Ford GT. The car is a white 4 option GT with 3706 miles on the odometer. I am trying to find out as much of its history as I can. The VIN is 1FAFP90S96Y401736. Any information on the history of this GT would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Art

Congrats and welcome Art !!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
If it's the car I am thinking about, it was sold a couple years ago by Motorcars international in Springfield to someone in Connecticut and recently for sale by the McLaren dealer in philly

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You should start with a Ford OASIS report. This will show the warranty and service work that has been done on the vehicle by Ford dealers. Particularly look for the axle bolt recall was done.

asesso

GT Owner
Apr 1, 2016
Ocean City NJ
The car spent most of it's life in Texas, 2006 to 2013. From there it was sold on eBay, I think to someone in Missouri. Eventually I purchased it from Mclaren of Philadelphia. All recalls except one for airbags have been performed.I am chairman of surgery at a medical school in Philly
Art

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Welcome, Art! Congratulations on your excellent decision to purchase one of the finest automobiles ever created.