New look to the GTX1

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Today, for the first time ever, I saw a GTX1 with the windows up. It was mine, and I couldn't believe how good the appearance is with the windows up. Jason (Jason Auto Spa) detailed it and when I picked it up I was struck by its faint similarity to the Callaway Corvette Speedster from the early 90's. Anyway, I liked it so much, I haven't put them down and will probably get them tinted dark for a "Night Shift" look. I'll ask Jason to post some pictures he took. If you have a GTX1 check out the look with the windows up.

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Cool Kirby,
Can't wait to see the pics!

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
That's funny you just now noticed.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Kent, mine is a fair weather car, although its done 2,000 miles in 2 months, and there's never been a need to put up the windows. Do you like the windows-up look?

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
Here ya go!

IMG_3291.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Truly Beautiful!!!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Kirby, I agree with you, Tint those windows!! It will look awesome.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
When I grow up I want to be just like Kirby, or at least have his cars. Or maybe Tim's:biggrin

And yes tint those windows. I am debating tinting mine on my black & silver but Michigan cops are tough on tint. On my other rides I go with a real light tint and so far so good.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Why Wait

When I grow up I want to be just like Kirby, or at least have his cars. Or maybe Tim's:biggri

tpraceman - :I'm confused Why wait?

I'm having some adult adoption papers drawn up. A set for Kirby, Tim C., Bony, Florida Chris and a few others that have great taste in cars.

And thus, because they can only drive one at a time, I would be the appropriate "family member" to make sure that the rev limiter still works correctly. :devil

I never hope to grow up. Life is too much fun - especially in a GT.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Shelby #18's windows are tinted dark and I love the look, but when driving his X1, the dark tint on the small wing windows severely obscures the safe use of the mirrors to the extent of being dangerous, both during the day and at night. I plan to do the tint but will do the wing windows a lighter or more transparent color than the power windows.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The comments about those of us with car collections is very flattering, but we are all blessed to have a GT, even if it's the "only" car we own. It's rare air we're all breathing. If I could only have one special car to last the rest of my life, it would be the GTX1, and I'd be very happy and content if it was the only one. The reality is that one GT is a pretty good collection.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Windows up !
Windows down !

It's beautiful !

I like the look of the stock 6 spoke wheels with the GTX1 ! :thumbsup

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
The comments about those of us with car collections is very flattering, but we are all blessed to have a GT, even if it's the "only" car we own. It's rare air we're all breathing. If I could only have one special car to last the rest of my life, it would be the GTX1, and I'd be very happy and content if it was the only one. The reality is that one GT is a pretty good collection.

You make a wonderful point Kirby. I could'nt agree more. If I was allowed only one, it would be the GT.

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Your car looks amazing.

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
Speaking of tinting, have you ever seen tinted headlamp lenses? I have a black on black GTX1 with metallic gold racing stripes, and I'm considering applying a medium-dark charcoal tint to the headlamp lenses. What am I missing? [I can't find a single GT40 or GTX1 owner who has tinted those lenses.]

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Speaking of tinting, have you ever seen tinted headlamp lenses? I have a black on black GTX1 with metallic gold racing stripes, and I'm considering applying a medium-dark charcoal tint to the headlamp lenses. What am I missing? [I can't find a single GT40 or GTX1 owner who has tinted those lenses.]

I heard about your ride...please post pics! Gold and Black always looked stunning (i.e., JPS Lotus).

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I've seen tinted lenses on some other-than-GT show cars. They would probably look incredible on a black car, but night driving visibility may be a little scary. Would love to see pics of your car. :cheers

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006

Any chance we can see some pictures? Car sounds wicked.

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida
I promise to post pictures NLT Sunday.

Steve

Steve Woodrough

GTX1 Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 31, 2007
St. Petersburg, Florida