New Here - Currently own 2005 GT (looking for parts for another)

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
Hello All,
My name is Travis. I live in Texas. I am somewhat of a regular at Houston C&C with the GT or an R8. I know some of you and have been a lurker on here for over a year but always had my questions answered via friends or the search option.
I have a 05' FGT 3 option (no stripe) but I am looking at another and need some parts. I have a source from on here that I have spoken with on some parts that I would purchase new but I am wondering if I can save a few bucks buying some other parts used.
Is it ok to post them on this thread or should I put them somewhere else?

Thanks either way and glad to be here.

Travis-Texas

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
what parts do you need?

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
Rear Clam
Rear Glass for Clam (not Bull Glass)
Rear Grills vertical upright grilles
Both Sides Rear Tail Lights
Rear Diffuser
The rear cage that the clam bolts to
Rear spoiler edge piece on bumper
Rear bumper cover trough bracket
Rear bumper cover facia

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Talk to X-2 builders?

Also, what happened to "Desi"'s stash of parts from Matech, BUT all the parts were in Europe? I think an outcome was posted, I just dont remember.

BTW Welcome.

Last edited:

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
Thanks Specracer.. Not sure who X-2 is but ill track them down. Never heard of the others either. Ive had my GT a couple years but only needed hot buttons for the seats so far...Thanks for the warm welcome.

Travis

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Welcome and good luck with the 2nd GT.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
you buying andys white GT?

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
you buying andys white GT?

I'm considering it yes.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I'm considering it yes.

good luck on your search for the parts

as some have said X2 is a good place to start... you might find it difficult to find a used clam shell but anything is possible

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
good luck on your search for the parts

as some have said X2 is a good place to start... you might find it difficult to find a used clam shell but anything is possible

Thanks, Im fine with a new clam and have one lined up if needed. Its all the other parts I mentioned that im hoping to find. Then it makes sense for me..Waiting on a response from X2. Thanks again.

Travis

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I actually have a white/clam with glass and blue stripes in perfect shape I may be willing to part with... Plus I am right here in Houston. Not sure what a fair price would be though. Should me a message if interested.

Mark H.
mark@m2kmotorsports.com

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
message sent.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
X2 Builders. His stock has been somewhat depleted over the years. He has not bought any are more wrecked cars for quite some time since they aren't being wrecked like they used to. You should also try Northwoods GT (Scott Minch) he has a lot of new parts. Overall, used parts are getting harder to find. X2 is in Granite City, I'll close to me. If you want me to look at something for you, let me know. O

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
X2 Builders. His stock has been somewhat depleted over the years. He has not bought any are more wrecked cars for quite some time since they aren't being wrecked like they used to. You should also try Northwoods GT (Scott Minch) he has a lot of new parts. Overall, used parts are getting harder to find. X2 is in Granite City, I'll close to me. If you want me to look at something for you, let me know. O

http://www.dearbornperformance.com/ Scotts website

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
I spoke with Scott Minch today. I'm likely to go to him for most of this if it works out. I also spoke with X2 today. They are out of everything aside from frame pieces.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
This is a good link to all things GT on ebay. Some unusual stuff there and fun to look through. Hope this helps.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nk...c=1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&_fosrp=1

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
I have a RH tail lamp new.

RH tailamp.JPG

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
While I don't post much here anymore, let me say I am not in a very good mood to see my name connected with a GT being sold by our felon friend in Texas. He has no business using my name in his ebay ad for any reason not to mention giving inaccurate information about how much the parts will cost to fix this car apparently quoted by me. An interested buyer (Travis) of his car contacted me for a quote on 6 parts. He didn't mention the whole ass of this GT was missing, not just the clam shell and bumper cover and a couple tail lamps. Ebay has been contacted to have my name removed form this auction or have the auction taken down.
Just looking at the pictures of this GT, anyone who buys it will spend $40,000.00-50,000.00 in major parts, brackets, hardware weatherstripping, electrical , tail lamps, hinges,insulators,exhaust system, rear diffuser, floor pans and much more plus paint to fix this car so don't go by this auction full of mis-lead numbers and condition. 1FAFP90S45Y401545 advertised as a 2006 Ford GT.

Last edited:

Travis Hardt

Dec 20, 2018
Holy smokes. I sure didn't mean to start a war (or step into an on-going one either). I only asked about the parts I understood this car needed. Really Really sorry if I'm in the wrong in some way.

Travis