New GT’s dropping all over Florida

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Congrats. I am actually in Tampa from Mar 22-27. Premiering my military documentary called Above the Best. Real life heroes and Apache Helo pilots story. Maybe we can get together.

Reactions: BAT

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Congrats from one Carbon Series white with red accent stripe to another! Great color choice.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Have you tried one of these cans? I've got two and they work great. Push down on the top lever to control flow of gas out the spout. Used it to put some gas in my NFGT. Ordered off Amazon.
View attachment 54512
Question do you still have to use the little funnel from the tool kit? Or does the cans hose fit into the filler without it.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
These cans work very well, no funnel section necessary. I have used them on all of our no cap fords and on our GT as well as one of my buddies GTs at the track with no issue. I have used them on our 06 as well as the 2019s. The threaded section may catch a little but it is pretty easy to get back out without forcing it. I went to Home Depot and got a longer section of hose that makes it really easy to keep the can and any drips away from the car. The trick is to not open the vent until you are pouring and open slowly until proper flow, do not remove vent cap all the way, If worried about the threads, you can purchase the gray section (sprinkler upright) without threads for the part that fits into the gas tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Special K and BAT

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Question do you still have to use the little funnel from the tool kit? Or does the cans hose fit into the filler without it.
I didn't use the funnel. just placed the spout into the fuel open and press the button to pour. I've got a can like Apollo shows, but mine leaks around the big black cap no matter how i tighten it. Maybe I've got a bad O ring.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Magic, those cans are $30 at Buckees in Temple (or others). I brought a lot of them down to Austin crew.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I didn't use the funnel. just placed the spout into the fuel open and press the button to pour. I've got a can like Apollo shows, but mine leaks around the big black cap no matter how i tighten it. Maybe I've got a bad O ring.

You might try this Gary, I take a latex glove and use my finger to apply a very thin layer of grease to the O ring in the cap and it seals better and comes off ond on much easier. Sometimes it is not the cap, but the vent that if you start pouring with it open. it will dribble into the edge of the cap and then seem like the cap is leaking. Always start with the vent cap closed until you start to pour.
+1 on Buckees, Monica loves that place.

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
I’m looking forward to hooking up with other GT owners in Florida on the 28th.