New GT Special edition?? Maybe!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great stories guys. This Heritage addition is a fitting tribute and a wonderful way to acknowlege Ken for his contribution to the GT program.
When a large group of us attended the 1st race of the New GT program at Daytona in 2016 I just happen to take a model of the 1966 winner to our forum event.
And for those who me.. yes I got signed :)
The clear outer case was signed by Henry Ford III, Raj and Dave Pericak 20160202_155131.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: canibl and Roadtrip

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Brian,
You are the master of the "felt tipped pen".
I miss seeing you and signing all your 'stuff"!
Andy(ajb)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Brian,
You are the master of the "felt tipped pen".
I miss seeing you and signing all your 'stuff"!
Andy(ajb)
Hey Andy, you know I like to be prepared..;-) miss seeing you too brother!!

Reactions: Special K

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Great stories guys. This Heritage addition is a fitting tribute and a wonderful way to acknowlege Ken for his contribution to the GT program.
When a large group of us attended the 1st race of the New GT program at Daytona in 2016 I just happen to take a model of the 1966 winner to our forum event.
And for those who me.. yes I got signed :)
The clear outer case was signed by Henry Ford III, Raj and Dave Pericak View attachment 60956
These sure are really great stories! Part of what makes being on this forum so awesome.
Very cool Brian, wish I would have thought of that.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Article in Forbes about the new Heritage.

Mentioned the possibility of a '22 Heritage, another sort of Miles tribute, in Arcadia Blue with White stripes, roundels and red headlight accents.

Any merit to such a specific rumor?

Reactions: Ed Sims

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I mean, no, but would you be surprised if that’s a possibility? There aren’t many notable liveries left. And at any rate, it’s irrelevant - the car you’ve been assigned is the car you’re getting. You can’t switch from a 21 Heritage to a 22 Heritage. Any move and you’ll just lose the heritage and be slotted into a series that needs a spot filled (which won’t be a Heritage).

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
A livery from this century would be appropriate.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
...There aren’t many notable liveries left...

I know Ford isn't releasing the Heritage and Special edition production numbers until after the production cycle ends, but out of curiosity, is each unique Heritage limited to the same production quantities year to year?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I know Ford isn't releasing the Heritage and Special edition production numbers until after the production cycle ends, but out of curiosity, is each unique Heritage limited to the same production quantities year to year?

No, they are different. Dependent on production capacity, which is why the first year was a little over 25, 2020 is ~50.