New GT Enclosed trailer!!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
BMF, That trailer is so long you could cut the car in half and put one behind the other and still use the side door. Nice ride buddy, must get better gas mileage than the new ecoboost.
Great shots , can you please ship me the other half.
GTJOEY1314

You caught it first Joey lol

Exactly, send me the other half of the car or just open the door for us to see how much clearance we have before ordering a trailer... LOL

give me a min for the last pic lol there is plenty of room tho! Bottom of a door on a GT to ground is about 11'', the tires are about 7'' above the floor. there is plenty of room. I'll load a GT in the trailer with doors on it and take a pic with door open.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Main reason I ordered so long was so I can put a golf cart in front of my car for going to any events. Also made it so I can use axle straps and cloth around wheel spokes to tie car down as its very difficult on GT with all the belly pans on..

Attachments

• photo (68).jpg
    photo (68).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 276

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Oh no, someone stole 2/3rds of your heritage :thumbsdow

Next time, better close the doors, when leaving the trailer unattended :usa

peiserg

GT Owner
Aug 15, 2010
Phoenix, az
Agreed, way cooler than a winch. But having paid $7k for my 21ft hallmark enclosed.... Gotta say it isn't (imo of course) 25k cooler. Cool nonetheless,tho!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Do your self a favor, put in etrack down the whole floor, and tie down over the tire. Easier, and no chance of scratching a wheel.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Do your self a favor, put in etrack down the whole floor, and tie down over the tire. Easier, and no chance of scratching a wheel.

Yep. I destroyed two wheels on another car from securing the car to the trailer by using straps through the wheels. Lesson learned.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I always us tee shirts wrapped around wheels and straps over them. But i want to do the e track also

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Especially as you work with this trailer and are securing a car potentially more often than most of us, you will GREATLY appreciate the faster speed of hook up, and minimizing the risk of damage. Yes for sure, it can be done, the one and only time I went through the wheel, wheels were spotless, and i used microfiber towels, and had success. You should do the e track asap.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Our ~3 minutes or less GT loading procedure:

21' Featherlite with e-track spaced for GT and winch offset to driver's side and complete w/remote. Winch cable stored in "out" position and typically clipped to one of Featherlite OEM rear-most rings. 3500lb axles on Featherlite (ride height almost 3.5" lower than same trailer with 4500lb axles.)

1. Parking brake on tow vehicle. Air suspension in "up" position to induce slight trailer angle. Trailer side door open; Rear ramp down and 12" transition ramp flopped over. No need for ramps, wood, etc. even with very lowered GTs.

2. Drive GT to ramp and more or less centered. (Not that critical.) Parking brake on. Connect Cool Tech tow strap to OEM boss at front of GT. Use winch remote to remove line slack.

3. GT parking brake off, car in neutral, key in first position (unlocks steering wheel), driver's window down.

4. Remote winch GT into trailer. Make slight steering adjustments if necessary. Walk anywhere around GT to insure clearance/straightness. Winch until front right tire (at trailer door) reaches clevis of over-tire strap.

5. Secure front right strap over tire and cinch down.

6. Release 3-4" of winch tension.

7. Turn key off and remove from ignition and set parking brake

8. Secure remaining 3 over-tire straps

9. Close trailer doors.

Having done this a hundred or more times, we have it perfected and can have a car fully loaded and secured in about 3 minutes. I would NEVER opt to drive a GT into a trailer where, by comparison, I have very limited visibility when compared to my full roaming around with remote winch control in hand.

LOVE the looks and the quality of the trailer you purchased and agree that large side door provides great access to the car which is very restricted otherwise. As for loading/un-loading, I would choose to do by winch regardless of the trailer set-up. :)

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks Kendall! Also I do not have to jack the trailer to load a GT into this trailer. Accessing the car or any car for that fact is my main reason for it. Doesn't just have to be a GT but I have driven alot of cars into trailers in the past 20 years. This is the nicest way I have seen yet.

any pics of tie downs on your trailer with a GT tied down?

Thanks
Dan

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I want one.

Just need to bite the bullet.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
any pics of tie downs on your trailer with a GT tied down?

Drats! Had a perfect opportunity as Ryan picked up a GT in need of a clutch earlier today. I'll get some pics on the return trip.

The over-the-tire straps can be purchased from Summit Racing. We installed the e-track to fit the GT but in reality it more or less fits anything else we put into the trailer - save for the Spec Miatas which are just too damn narrow!

I'll get some pics on the out-bound trip for this GT. Kinda expected to have the clutch today but expecting to have it here by Friday. A 1-day job as soon as we have the parts!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Wouldn't there be enough room for the cart and the Gt in a 28 ?

I know Blake fits the Harley and the Gt in his 28.

And do they offer the front ramp?

Thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
+1 on the winch with the GT. Here is a pic of what I did and how the tie downs work.

I had the tie downs already, I just got the idler (the middle attachment point) here:

http://www.truckntow.com/cargo-cont...ittings/rolling-idler-e-fitting-assembly.html

And these to adapt the hook of the strap to the e track.

http://www.truckntow.com/cargo-cont...fittings/e-a-fitting-w-heavy-duty-d-ring.html

Attachments

• IMAG0199.jpg
    IMAG0199.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 120

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Do you guys using the e-track and over-the-tire straps also cross strap the car?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
No over the top of all 4 tires. Even had one come off once (I didn't have e track fitting completely locked). Nothing budged even with only 3.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Do you guys using the e-track and over-the-tire straps also cross strap the car?

As Specracer said, no. The straps have rubber blocks on them that assist to insure that the strap cannot slip off tire. If you clip into the e-track at the very front of the tire's contact patch and the same at the rear, you get a very good wrap around the tire - maybe contact around ~300 degrees.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Unless you've pulled the car down completely on its suspension, I'm not sure I like that arrangement, as it appears that some side slippage can occur with the belts in line with the wheels. I would prefer to cross strap the rears, going to the e-tracks on the opposite sides.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I'm not sure I like that arrangement, as it appears that some side slippage can occur...

Wouldn't that require a rather aggressive turn 'at speed' to accomplish, though, Ralphie (whether one pulled the car down completely on its suspension or not)...assuming slide slippage were to happen? :shrug

Edit: 'Bouncing' wouldn't do it by itself, 'cause that's pretty much a straight 'up-and-down' movement...

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ralphie, FWIW, its the same method that every professional carrier has ever used on any car Ive ever shipped (Reliable, Passport, Intercity etc).