New GT Electronics wish list

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It sounds like the new GT is going to come with some cool state of the art electronics. I would like to see a Valet mode with a lock out that only allows 1st gear and reverse and like a 3500 rpm limit.
I would also like to see an in car camera system like the Vettes performance data recorder (PDR) .. Video with data overlay.. Anxious to see what else they come up with..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Let's hope we don't have to rely on YOU for parts or add-ons. I'm too old for that.

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Rear lights should mimic RPM gauge in Race Mode ;)

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Sorry to be an ole fart, but homelink would be nice

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
just show me the boost and nitrous button! :biggrin

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Valet + GT = Never

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Valet + GT = Never

Old or new, NFW!!!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
+1 on the vette camera system ...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ive been pondering this, and I keep thinking of all the new technology that is coming on cars, I hope this car does NOT have. I don't even want a radio.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Valet + GT = Never

Matt, my thoughts as well!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ive been pondering this, and I keep thinking of all the new technology that is coming on cars, I hope this car does NOT have. I don't even want a radio.

I think you're stuck with one. New rules require a backup camera in the phasing in in 2016 model year with 100% by 2018, and as that is integrated into the Ford Sync head, you'll have no choice. Basically, it means the computer terminal will always be in the center console and since it's a software radio you'll have one.

All of this required electronic gadgetry makes me wonder how someone will actually restore a (for example) Ford GT in 2065. Where are you gonna get all that electronic stuff?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
One of the few new technology items I dont mind. The camera was even on the initial 2015 NAIAS show car, so zero doubt it will have a back up camera.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
One of the few new technology items I dont mind. The camera was even on the initial 2015 NAIAS show car, so zero doubt it will have a back up camera.

All Hondas had one in MY 2015 so it's on our CRV. I was thinking "I've gotten along without this for 55 years, why would I want one?" but find that I actually look at it. Maybe becasue of the "change" to the panel your eye is drawn to it, I think because my eyes are already aimed in that direction. Honda also has a right turn lane blind spot camera that I also find myself looking at but much less often because I'm looking back over my shoulder (as 55 years of training tell me to do so.)

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Valet + GT = Never

Hallelujah! Never give a monkey a machine gun!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
My wish list would include both rear AND FRONT parking cameras.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sorry to be an ole fart, but homelink would be nice

That's old tech and it will probably be there !! :biggrin

Valet + GT = Never

I called it a valet mode but if your car was ever transported by a freight company .. let's say like shipped across the country or across the pond you would want it on.. :wink

It's already been reported this car is going to have more code and processes running then anything know to the auto world , Active aero, active suspension, engine management , DCT,,, Sorry that direct cable set up to the Throttle body is gone my friend !!

Matt, my thoughts as well!
see above,, never say never ,, :biggrin

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
+1