New GT effect on Values

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There's more where that came from....

Come on man, I've asked you politely to knock it off.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
latest update I just got. the prototype car is at a company called Special Projects in Michigan which is the same company that did the prototype Ford GT. car is schedueled for a photo shoot first part of January in California and then as Dan said, will be at the North American Auto Show in Detroit in January as well. drivetrain is still somewhat of a mystery. still hearing V6 but also hearing 5.0 V8. I'm guessing the car will be priced into the stratosphere becaause Ford is building less than 500 cars. probably more like 350 so that affecting the valuation of our GT's I believe will be negligible for a while because the upper middle class guy and upper class will be the only ones able to afford one so our GTs will still be a favorite forever. not to mention the GT will be the only cars with a thumping and torquey supercharged V8 DOHC.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Exciting news. If the limited production numbers are true, I'm guessing Ecoboost in an ultra modern body bearing no resemblance to our cars. From a marketing perspective, it makes no sense for Ford to go back to the GT40 design.

Imagine an Ecoboost Voodoo.....

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
latest update I just got. the prototype car is at a company called Special Projects in Michigan which is the same company that did the prototype Ford GT. car is schedueled for a photo shoot first part of January in California and then as Dan said, will be at the North American Auto Show in Detroit in January as well. drivetrain is still somewhat of a mystery. still hearing V6 but also hearing 5.0 V8. I'm guessing the car will be priced into the stratosphere becaause Ford is building less than 500 cars. probably more like 350 so that affecting the valuation of our GT's I believe will be negligible for a while because the upper middle class guy and upper class will be the only ones able to afford one so our GTs will still be a favorite forever. not to mention the GT will be the only cars with a thumping and torquey supercharged V8 DOHC.

OK, How many Googled, " Special Projects in Michigan?" LOL...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
OK, How many Googled, " Special Projects in Michigan?" LOL...

Ford brought back a Ford GT to Michigan from Las Vegas for me after Rally 3 and it went to Special Projects along with the polished GR1 and Cobra Concept. When I went to pick it up it was sitting outside in the parking lot with the keys in it. Who knows, maybe if you go over you'll get lucky. :lol

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ford brought back a Ford GT to Michigan from Las Vegas for me after Rally 3 and it went to Special Projects along with the polished GR1 and Cobra Concept. When I went to pick it up it was sitting outside in the parking lot with the keys in it. Who knows, maybe if you go over you'll get lucky. :lol

No bother. the Chevy drone has been dispatched.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
How any gears can you use driving around Hawaii?

The first time I took the car off the island was for Rally III. That's when I discovered that it had six gears and a heater.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The first time I took the car off the island was for Rally III. That's when I discovered that it had six gears and a heater.

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:thumbsup:thumbsup

:cheers

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

:thumbsup:thumbsup

:cheers

This is the first time the EP found out that it has 6 gears and a heater. Before now, all he knew is that it looked pretty with the ball numbered up to #6, with a R too!!!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Well, if it's a V6 in the new GT, the current gen will jump to a million / car in no time flat!:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:lol:lol:lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
This is the first time the EP found out that it has 6 gears and a heater. Before now, all he knew is that it looked pretty with the ball numbered up to #6, with a R too!!!

All of EP's cars only need 2 gears, 1st and reverse to get from the trailer to the garage and the reverse of that. Of course he could just save a lot of money and get a winch and just buy cars without any motors or transmissions. :lol

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Somebody said 300-500 units. Why would they make so few?
I don't think Ford would make any money making such limited production.
Even for a Halo car I'm not sure it makes sense today knowing the production costs.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Somebody said 300-500 units. Why would they make so few?
I don't think Ford would make any money making such limited production.
Even for a Halo car I'm not sure it makes sense today knowing the production costs.

Because their intent is homologation - just like the original Cobras and GT40s.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
I hope they get someone like Roger Penske to run the program for them if they plan a serious race effort. I don't think Ganassi is up to a Lemans program, an Ecoboost Hybrid could prove quite challenging to develop along with an all new car.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I hope they get someone like Roger Penske to run the program for them if they plan a serious race effort. I don't think Ganassi is up to a Lemans program, an Ecoboost Hybrid could prove quite challenging to develop along with an all new car.
I have asked this question too : if Ford intends a race return at Lemans in 2016 where is their race team? Maybe they will buy one.

I sure hope they do something!!!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I have asked this question too : if Ford intends a race return at Lemans in 2016 where is their race team? Maybe they will buy one.

I sure hope they do something!!!

Me too!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I had no idea the plan was to race. In that case it makes some sense.

wheelb

GT Owner
May 22, 2014
Miami Fl
Guys sorry but is there any evidence of new GT we heard about this like 3 months ago and still nothing why all concern with zero evidence or did i miss some key point from ford?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Guys sorry but is there any evidence of new GT we heard about this like 3 months ago and still nothing why all concern with zero evidence or did i miss some key point from ford?

We keep hearing that it will be at "the next major auto show". First was SEMA, then LA, now Detroit

A number of years ago a restaurant/bar changed hands. It was supposed to get a minor refresh and open in a month or so. Instead they just kept on remodeling, promising that they would "open real soon now". After a while the place became "the opening soon saloon".

We have an "any day now car"...

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

I was at last years Rolex 24 and hung out mostly in the pits watching Ganassi and Ford racing work on tuning the V6 Ecoboost motor in their Prototype cars. The car made so much power the race organizers restricted the size of the air inlet tube. The motor did quite well throughout all of the series races last year. My guess is any car they would campaign at LM's wouldn't run as a hybrid.

Last edited: