New Forum Member

TS3673TS

Jul 17, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
I would like to introduce myself, I am Terry Shafer and I live in Kansas City, Missouri. I truly appreciate being
allowed into this forum. A few things about myself: I was hooked on the GT40's when I was in a Ford showroom that had one the Lemans winning 427 in the showroom and they fired it up! That was it for me. If I were to get cut, I would bleed Ford blue, partly because I spent 31 years as a Ford parts manager, and also
because my dad was a big Ford fan most of his life. Right now, the three garages at home house a 04 Mercury Mountaineer, a 1981 Ford flareside with a blown 302, and a 2000 Ford Lightning (500 rwhp). I just recently retired, due to my wife's health problems. Fortunately, the business had been very good to me, and I made
an investment a years ago that will allow me to continue my love affair with the automobiles. The first
acquisition will be a GT.

That's where all of you come in. There are quite a few for sale out there, and I think a black or red one is what I will pursue. I want to start out with one that is completely stock and unmolested. From what I"ve
seen, a lot of you are saying that the dealer in Jonesboro, Arkansas is extremely reputable,and I believe one of you even said that he had bought a GT from Shelby Smith sight unseen. Now considering I worked around car salesmen for 31 years, that is certainly saying a lot. So, as I get closer to the purchase, I will be relying
on some of you to steer me in the right direction. Thank you all in advance, and I look forward to one day getting to meet some of you.
Terr Shafer

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
welcome to the forum,

I can tell you, as I am sure more people will chime in as well, if you get a car from shelby you will not be disappointed. good luck on your search

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Welcome to the group Terry!

We need more active members in the KC area. Put 400 miles on mine this past Saturday.

Good luck with your search.

Jeff

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Welcome!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
It will be the greatest day of your life! Don't tell you wife.Than come join us at a rally and you will see how good it really gets!
Read some rally posts!!
WELCOME!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Welcome Terry. There are some GTs in your extended area. Grey Ghost (Jeff Sapp) is just down the road. I am in Branson area, there is/was one in Joplin, one or more in Tulsa, one in OKC, and one in St Louis area. Makes it difficult to do a cars and coffee, but if enough people were interested in a common weekend, I am sure we could all agree to hook up somewhere. If you do get one, make sure you sign up for Rally 9, wherever it is. We had 5 of us in a hauler to Sonoma this year, so there was room for one more!

Have not bought a car from Shelby, but have been to his facility and you could do surgery in the service area! There are lots of stories of folks who have bought car(s) from him and shared he is the best to deal with. I say this with no skin in the game, only that it is great to have another GT owner in the Forum, and better to have one a 3-hr drive away.

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
Hi Terry. If you plan doing mods and a car with those mods is on the market don't be afraid of it. After market stuff exhausts, superchargers,... Don't come cheap and I noticed they don't increase that much the value of the car. At least that my impression. Any car you're looking at I would ask an expert to evaluate it.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Welcome Terry. Just remember no matter what Frank says - black is faster

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard, Terry! :thumbsup

Hope you get your car soon!

:cheers

TS3673TS

Jul 17, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
GTJack, Thanks for the info. I'm also glad that there are ANY GT's within 300 miles of me! I will be getting one to drive. I would never buy something like a GT for an investment. Cars like that are made to drive and enjoy, Not just have it parked in your
garage and go out and uncover it and think about what it's going to be worth. I look forward to making some really good friends that all have a common interest. Thanks for your response.

TS3673TS

Jul 17, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
I do have my eyes on two black ones.....thanks for the response!

TS3673TS

Jul 17, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Jason, is there any chance that I could have seen you on I-35 in the cities on a day a few years ago in maybe in October
driving your GT as it was just starting to spit a little snow? If it was you, I have wanted to meet you, because you must have bought your GT to actually drive and enjoy it. I also saw a black one driven in a heavy rain storm, but it had Wisconsin tags on
it. It looked like the rain wasn't scaring him either. Usually fly into the cities 2 or 3 times a month as we have a couple places
on Lake Miltona....thanks for the welcome.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I have bought several GT's from Shelby. Great guy!!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have a black one available. Call me and pick it up before its gone... ;)

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome!
It's great here.
Bought my car from Shelby with a phone call.
You can't go wrong with Elite.
Best,
Mark

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yee ha!